Flo Rida to perform Oct. 19 concert at UT Arlington College Park Center
ARLINGTON, Texas, Aug. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Hip-hop artist Flo Rida brings his "Good Feeling" to The University of Texas at Arlington when he performs a concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19, 2012 at College Park Center.
The tickets will be available to UT Arlington students, faculty and staff only beginning at 4 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6 only through the College Park Center website, www.utacollegepark.com. The public will be able to purchase any remaining tickets beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 20 either online at www.utacollegepark.com or at the College Park Center Box Office, 601 S. Pecan St. A total of 6,200 tickets will be available. There is a four-ticket limit per person.
The UT Arlington Division of Student Affairs traditionally brings an annual concert to campus at a discount to students. The Flo Rida concert serves as this year's fall concert.
Flo Rida, 32, whose real name is Tramar Dillard, was born in Carol City, Fla. The rapper and singer-songwriter's debut single "Low" featuring T-Pain was a No. 1 U.S. hit for 10 weeks in early 2008.
His latest chart-topper, "Whistle," currently sits atop the iTunes and Billboard Hot 100 singles charts, with global digital sales north of 4 million.
"Good Feeling," the first single from his fourth album, Wild Ones, was released in fall 2011. It became a huge party-friendly anthem, with its upbeat and driving twist uniting millions of fans of pop, hip-hop and club music around the world and establishing Flo Rida as an international, genre-busting superstar in the process.
The song has been listed on 20 different charts, including the France Singles Top 100, Sweden Singles Top 60, Germany Singles Top 100, Austria Singles Top 75, Ireland Singles Top 50, UK Singles Top 75 and U.S. Airplay Top 100.
The two-time Grammy nominated artist also has appeared on several movie soundtracks. Currently, he can be heard performing with Jennifer Lopez on the song, "Goin' In," which is featured on the soundtrack of the film, "Step Up: Revolution" in theaters now.
As for his embrace of electronic and dance music, Flo Rida said he grew up listening to all kinds of music, including the church songs his seven sisters sang in a local gospel group. "I like to take music from everywhere and put it in my style and let it be accepted," he told MTV.com.
College Park Center concert details
- Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Friday, Oct. 19, 2012. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Tickets go on sale to UT Arlington students, faculty and staff at 4 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 6, 2012 at www.utacollegepark.com only. Remaining tickets go on sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 20 through www.utacollegepark.com or at the College Park Center Box Office, 601 S. Pecan St.; or by calling 817-272-9595.
- There is a four-ticket limit per person, including one ticket at discounted rate for UT Arlington students, faculty and staff only.
- Ticket prices are $35, $45, $55 and $80. A $7 service fee will be added to each ticket. The Box Office accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
- UT Arlington students, faculty and staff are advised to set up a ticket-buying account prior to the sale date. Those who already have an account are advised to test their login prior to the sale date.
- Students, faculty and staff must use their UT Arlington NetID to purchase tickets. Contact the Office of Information Technology Helpdesk at 817-272-2208 for questions about NetIDs.
About College Park Center
UT Arlington's 7,000-seat special events venue opened Feb. 1 and is the new home court for UT Arlington basketball and volleyball, commencement exercises, concerts and other major events. College Park Center was designed by HKS Inc. and has been recognized for its sustainable and energy-efficient features. The Center anchors the College Park District, a residential and retail development just blocks from downtown Arlington.
Visit www.utacollegepark.com to learn more.
About The University of Texas at Arlington
The University of Texas at Arlington is a comprehensive research institution of nearly 33,500 students in the heart of North Texas. Visit www.uta.edu to learn more.
Ticket Information: 817-272-9595
SOURCE University of Texas at Arlington