LOS ANGELES, Nov. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- British pro-audio pioneer Focusrite has announced U.S. mass retail availability of the highly-anticipated iTrack Solo, a simple new way to record and mix music in stunning studio quality using only an Apple iPad. iTrack Solo is an easy-to-use, two-channel device that allows musicians to record directly to iPad, iOS or PC, affordably and on the go. From singer-songwriters to vocalists and guitarists or any other instrument with an output, iTrack Solo is the unique holiday gift for aspiring and established musicians of all ages.
Focusrite's newest product is available now at many retailers, including Guitar Center, Best Buy, Sam Ash and Sweetwater. For a complete list of retailers, or to find the closest retailer, please follow this link: http://www.focusrite.com/us/stores/store_locator
The culmination of Focusrite's 27-year heritage as a leading manufacturer of pro-audio technology, iTrack Solo adds studio-quality guitar and microphone inputs to the Apple iPad; the same inputs found in recording studios around the world. It's compatible out of the box with a range of music-making apps, from GarageBand to Auria – just plug in and play. Packed neatly into a sleek metal chassis that fits in the palm of the hand, it's the perfect companion for any singer/songwriter wanting to take their demos to the next level, when the inspiration is there but the studio is not.
Now available for $199.95 MSRP ($159.99 Street), the iTrack Solo is an affordable and high-performance recording solution and the ideal holiday gift for aspiring musicians.
- Made For iPad. Compatible with Mac OS X and Windows: iTrack Solo is an official 'Made For iPad' accessory and works with many iOS apps including GarageBand. Plug in your guitar, bass, keyboard or microphone and hit record. It couldn't be simpler.
- Uncompromising audio clarity: Record audio at higher than CD quality (24-bit, 96kHz). Phantom Power enables the use of top-quality studio microphones.
- High-end components: iTrack Solo features an award-winning Focusrite microphone preamplifier, the choice of leading artists and recording engineers around the world.
- Intelligent controls: Getting the right volume is important - two "halo" lights surround the input level knobs, turning red if record volume is too high.
- Connect directly to a loudspeaker system: Rear panel speaker outputs allow for playback over an audio system.
- Roadworthy protection: Its rugged aluminum uni-body case means iTrack Solo is suitable for even the most adventurous musicians.
Giles Orford, Marketing Director of Focusrite, said: "Artists such as the Arctic Monkeys, Lily Allen and Justin Bieber all hit the road to success by sharing their music online, but they didn't get there by strumming or wailing into a webcam. With iTrack Solo, we wanted to give consumers a really simple way to get themselves heard without compromising on sound quality. As our product works with many iPad apps, it now couldn't be easier to record, mix and share your music."
Pricing information: MSRP $199.99 / $159.99 at retail
Press Kit: www.focusrite.com/media/pr_images/Focusrite_iTrackSolo.zip
Video for embedding: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goayAZy_noA
For further information, head to www.focusrite.com.
*Apple, iPad, iPhone and GarageBand are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the United States and other countries.
Established in 1985, Focusrite's founding principles were to develop products that sound more musical, in addition to measuring well. Today, it retains these founding principles in its class-leading and award-winning designs. Based just outside of London, Focusrite delivers its products worldwide, and these can be found prominently in professional and project studios throughout the world.