FreePriceAlerts Launches Ziftr: New Web Dashboard Offers Real-Time Pricing Data, Highlights Hot Products and Low Prices
Features Include: Live Pricing; Global Wish Lists; Automatic Price Alerts; Hot Product Dashboard; and Hot Coupons
PETERBOROUGH, N.H., Nov. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Just in time for the holiday shopping season, FreePriceAlerts, the automatic price engine that has saved online shoppers more than $70 million, today launched ziftr, a web-based dashboard that adds a new set of social shopping features designed to use the power of information and crowdsourcing to save consumers even more. ziftr offers five enhanced pricing and product discovery features that increase shoppers' ability to save valuable time and money. ziftr goes live on Friday, November 16.
FreePriceAlerts downloads directly into your browser and will alert you to better deals – every time you browse any of the shopping sites you normally visit. And with ziftr, consumers have a host of new useful features including:
- Live pricing: With one click, consumers will be able to see the latest and best prices for a product, but also a historical graph that can help them gauge whether the price is likely to change again –and when;
- Global product lists: Shoppers can consolidate wish lists from multiple sites and retailers in one place, with up-to-date pricing from thousands of retailers;
- Automatic price alerts: Users can set prices on specific products – and be notified when an online retailer is offering the item at that price;
- What's hot dashboard: A live feed of global product trends that can be customized by category; shoppers can see what other people are buying, top sellers, biggest price movers, and professional and user product reviews, among many other data points.
- Top coupons: A central resource to find all of the online coupons relevant to shoppers' favorite categories; it highlights the most popular coupons and those that will expire soon, so consumers can use them while they are still active.
The ziftr dashboard can be customized to show shoppers only the product categories that most interest them.
"FreePriceAlerts lets you shop without having to do the extra searching to see who has the best price. ziftr uses the power of live pricing, combined with crowd sourcing, to go beyond the lowest price and help shoppers make informed decisions based on pricing history, other shoppers' purchases and trusted reviews. With ziftr we've removed the guesswork out of trying to find the best product at the best price," said Robert Wilkins, founder and CEO of FreePriceAlerts.
How It Works
The FreePriceAlerts service automatically alerts web surfers to potential savings while they are shopping the sites they normally visit. When consumers visit their favorite online retailers, the FreePriceAlerts engine generates an alert if it finds the product at a lower price elsewhere, letting shoppers know how much they can save, and providing a direct link for purchasing the item at the lower cost. If the shopper has found the lowest price, it confirms it with a green check mark.
This holiday season, as toys, electronics and home appliances top holiday gift lists, shoppers can save an average of $28 on each purchase using FreePriceAlerts.
Tens of thousands of leading retailers work with FreePriceAlerts, including Amazon, Macy's, Home Depot, BestBuy, Target, Sears and Walmart.
FreePriceAlerts and ziftr are services and brands of myVBO (Virtual Business Operations), which was launched in 2008 in Peterborough, New Hampshire. FreePriceAlerts offers both a browser version and a mobile app. As consumers shop on their favorite sites, FreePriceAlerts searches tens of thousands of the most popular retail sites for the best price on the product. The web app downloads in seconds and quickly provides information on lower prices or confirms that a customer found the lowest price. For more information, visit www.freepricealerts.com.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.