LAS VEGAS, Feb. 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- HIMSS Booth # 4839 -- This week at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference and Exhibition FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. will showcase the latest addition to the company's Synapse® family of medical informatics solutions. Now commercially available, Fujifilm's Synapse® PACS 4.0 includes improvements to image visualization and overall user experience by increasing overall efficiency.
"Healthcare organizations are faced with many challenges to meet government regulations and adopt the right technology, and they are looking for a partnership with a financially stable, customer-focused Medical Informatics provider," said Jim Morgan, Vice President of Medical Informatics for Fujifilm. "As Fujifilm continues to expand, we are committed to cultivating these relationships and are investing in the development of products to meet and exceed the needs of our customers." According to a new report from GlobalData, a leading provider of global business intelligence, the major factors contributing to PACS growth can be attributed to the government incentives to adopt IT in healthcare, and advancements in imaging informatics technology.
Morgan continues, "This report confirms that the latest features found within Synapse PACS 4.0 will set the foundation for Fujifilm to meet future industry demands. More importantly, these improvements are based on listening to customer feedback, and as a result, Synapse PACS 4.0 is faster, and much more intuitive, which allows users to be more productive. This enables them to spend more time focusing on their patients, which ultimately improves the overall patient experience."
Key features of Fujifilm's Synapse PACS 4.0 include:
- Image processing for all of Fujifilm's Digital Radiography (DR) and Full Field Digital Mammography (FFDM) systems
- Advanced integration utilizing DatCard's collaborative image access, intelligent archival management, and standards based interoperability across all imaging environments
- User interface advancements for customizable user interface functions, native 64-bit OS support, active overlays, resident reading, spine labeling and a user dashboard
- Use of Oracle Database version 11g Enterprise Edition
- Support for VMware's Version 5.0 virtualization products
Fujifilm's Synapse PACS global customer base has surpassed 3500 systems, and includes a variety of imaging centers and hospitals including recent installations at Western New York's Kaleida Health, Massachusetts-based Baystate Health, and the State of California.
In addition to Synapse PACS 4.0, Fujifilm will also be highlighting the overall Synapse® enterprise of products at HIMSS including:
- Synapse® RIS, Synapse® TeleRIS: featuring version 6.1 which includes an enhanced dashboard that gives the user an ability to better manage performance in real time; Synapse® Financials for RIS, which provides a seamless option of incorporating the billing process into the system; and a unique feature that will enable the user to pre-set dose settings.
- Synapse® 3D: a comprehensive suite of clinical applications that is directly integrated into both Synapse PACS and Synapse Cardiovascular, providing access to advanced diagnostic tools without the need for separate workstations.
- Synapse® Mobility: a zero footprint application enabling access to clinical information via Fujifilm's suite of Synapse products using hand-held mobile devices, as well as Macintosh- or Windows-based PCs.
- Synapse® Cardiovascular: provides a completely web based solution for cardiovascular imaging.
- Synapse® vCloud: enables Fujifilm to manage Synapse RIS, PACS and related IT functions, freeing facilities to fully concentrate on delivery of care. Comprised of a set of turnkey, high-reliability solutions including software, systems management, PACS and RIS hosting and disaster recovery.
For more information on Fujifilm's Synapse PACS 4.0 and the entire Synapse product portfolio, please visit booth # 4839 at HIMSS12, February 20th - 24th at Venetian Sands Expo Center in Las Vegas.
FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is a leading provider of diagnostic imaging products and medical informatics solutions to meet the needs of healthcare facilities today and well into the future. From an unrivaled selection of digital x-ray systems, to the Synapse® brand of PACS, RIS and cardiovascular products, to advanced women's health imaging systems, Fujifilm has products that are ideal for any size imaging environment. The Endoscopy Division of FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc., supplies high quality, technologically advanced, FUJINON brand endoscopes to the medical market. FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc. is headquartered in Stamford, CT. For more information visit www.fujimed.com and www.fujinonendoscopy.com.
FUJIFILM Holdings Corporation, Tokyo, Japan, brings continuous innovation and leading-edge products to a broad spectrum of industries, including electronic imaging, digital printing equipment, medical systems, life sciences, graphic arts, flat panel display materials, and office products, based on a vast portfolio of digital, optical, fine chemical and thin film coating technologies. The company was among the top 16 companies around the world granted U.S. patents in 2010, and in the year ended March 31, 2011, had global revenues of $25.8 billion*. Fujifilm is committed to environmental stewardship and good corporate citizenship. For more information, please visit www.fujifilmholdings.com.
* At an exchange rate of 86 yen to the dollar.
© 2012 FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.
SOURCE FUJIFILM Medical Systems U.S.A., Inc.