SANTA CLARA, Calif., March 9, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Fujitsu World Tour 2017, a global event spanning 24 countries across six continents, kicks off its first stop in Santa Clara today alongside the 10th annual Fujitsu North America Technology Forum. This year, Fujitsu brings its theme, "Human Centric Innovation: Digital Co-Creation," to life with a unique, hands-on experience for businesses and government bodies to learn how to leverage the power of knowledge integration. Created by Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Cloud and Cybersecurity technologies, this knowledge integration guides organizations to successfully take on digital transformation and ultimately, reshape their organizations and society.
"Recent independent research by Fujitsu revealed that 98 percent of C-Suite decision makers believe that digital has already disrupted their businesses," said Alex Attal, executive vice president and head of Digital and Business Application Services, Fujitsu America, Inc. "Hyperconnected technology is redefining the limits of what is possible, and co-creation – bringing together previously unconnected fields of expertise – has become an absolute necessity to realizing innovation and value creation at scale."
The panel sessions and keynotes at Fujitsu World Tour will reinforce the company's dedication to continuous and collaborative innovation that supports digital co-creation and will cover the industry's most talked about topics including Hyperconnected Cloud, Enabling Digital, Workplace Anywhere, Advanced Cyber Security with AI, Infrastructure of the Future and Making Digital Transformation a Reality with MetaArc/K5.
Keynotes will be delivered by: Shigeru Sasaki, chief executive officer of Fujitsu Laboratories, Ltd.; Dr. James Kuffner, CTO, Toyota Research Institute; Kevin Ubert, vice president of IT at Vitamix; and Alex Attal.
Additional Fujitsu executives speaking include: Ankit Gandhi, vice president of Digital Services and SaaS practice lead, Fujitsu America, Inc.; James Zhang, director of Business and Application Services, Fujitsu America, Inc.; JC Dewaele, head of Offerings Management for Hybrid IT, Fujitsu America, Inc.; Shobhit Porwal, vice president of Digital Business and head of Hybrid IT, Fujitsu America, Inc.; Sreedhar Kajeepeta, global technology officer, Fujitsu America, Inc.; Stafford Bond, chief digital officer and head of IoT and Analytics, Fujitsu America, Inc.; Dr.Takeshi Horie, head of computer systems laboratory, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.; Shoji Suzuki, member of the board, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.; Dr. Fumihiro Maruyama, senior expert, Artificial Intelligence Research Center, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd.
Attendees will experience live demonstrations of new Fujitsu solutions that are shaping today's digital landscape, as well as the latest innovations from the researchers and scientists from Fujitsu Laboratories worldwide. Exhibitions include:
- Fujitsu RoboPin®: A friendly robot intermediary that delivers customer services, enabling seamless interaction between people and information communication technology (ICT).
- Emotional AI: Technology that improves the customer experience by reading a customer's psychological "mood" based on his or her interactions with touch screens and tone of voice in conversation.
- AI-based Cyber Security: As the cyber attack surface continues to expand from the exponential increase in sensors (e.g., social media data, IoT data, etc.), Fujitsu AI, with its fully automated Machine Reasoning and Machine Learning, enables 87 percent automation on average, preventing many incidents before they occur, minimizing exposure to threats and reducing time and effort to resolve outbreaks and security events.
- IoT Optimization for entire factory operation: Intelligent Dashboard supports optimal factory management by integrating various factory data using IoT sensor technology. Data that could not be collected or integrated previously can now be holistically captured to provide a singular view into factory operations including issue identification, root cause analysis and issue resolution using proven processes with the help of AI.
- iNetSec® Smart Finder: This hybrid internal network security appliance offers wired and wireless device and application discovery, classification and management, directly addressing the growing BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and BYOA (Bring Your Own Application) trends facing organizations of all sizes. Smart Finder allows IT administrators to identify, monitor and prevent future threats that are introduced from within an organization, while maintaining business productivity.
"Digitalization is progressing at a very rapid pace. Fujitsu helps customers quickly and responsibly turn their innovative ideas into reality by removing the barriers and complexity of digitalization. Our unique approach helps them realize the full value of digital transformation, all without introducing new risk to their business," Attal added. "We are dedicated to working with our customers and co-creating a future that is rewarding for business and society. I think you'll see that commitment evidenced throughout the World Tour both in our exhibitions and our people."
Fujitsu World Tour and Fujitsu North America Technology Forum 2017 take place at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, CA. Additional information on today's event can be found here.
Fujitsu America, Inc.
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology (ICT) company, offering a full range of technology products, solutions, and services. Approximately 156,000 Fujitsu people support customers in more than 100 countries. We use our experience and the power of ICT to shape the future of society with our customers. Fujitsu Limited (TSE: 6702) reported consolidated revenues of 4.7 trillion yen (US$41 billion) for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2016. For more information, please see http://www.fujitsu.com.
About Fujitsu Americas
Fujitsu America, Inc. is the parent and/or management company of a group of Fujitsu-owned companies operating in North, Central and South America dedicated to delivering the full range of Fujitsu products, solutions and services in ICT to our customers in the Western Hemisphere. These companies are collectively referred to as Fujitsu Americas. Fujitsu enables clients to meet their business objectives through integrated offerings and solutions, including consulting, systems integration, managed services, outsourcing and cloud services for infrastructure, platforms and applications; data center and field services; and server, storage, software and mobile/tablet technologies. For more information, please visit: www.fujitsu.com/us and http://twitter.com/fujitsuamerica
About Fujitsu Laboratories
Founded in 1968 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu Limited, Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd. is one of the premier research centers in the world. With a global network of laboratories in Japan, China, the United States and Europe, the organization conducts a wide range of basic and applied research in the areas of Next-generation Services, Computer Servers, Networks, Electronic Devices and Advanced Materials. For more information, please see: http://www.fujitsu.com/jp/group/labs/en/.
Fujitsu, the Fujitsu logo, RoboPin and "shaping tomorrow with you" are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fujitsu Limited in the United States and other countries. iNetSec is a trademark or registered trademark of PFU Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks referenced herein are the property of their respective owners.
Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fujitsu-world-tour-and-fujitsu-north-america-technology-forum-2017-bring-digital-transformation-and-co-creation-to-life-in-santa-clara-300421034.html
SOURCE Fujitsu America, Inc.