GainSpan Showcases Innovations in Wi-Fi and Cloud Connectivity at DESIGN West 2012
Demonstrations to take place in Symmetry booth and around show floor
SAN JOSE, Calif., March 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GainSpan® Corporation is showcasing its global low power Wi-Fi leadership with demonstrations of innovations in Wi-Fi connectivity for the Internet of Things and device connectivity to the cloud at DESIGN West, March 26-29, 2012, in San Jose, CA. The demonstrations will take place in the Symmetry Electronics booth #2006 and around the show floor.
As business and consumers demand better connectivity in all kinds of devices, GainSpan continues to redefine the Wi-Fi experience with solutions that make it possible to be connected anytime, anyplace, with anything and anyone. In addition to the demonstrations of emerging technologies, GainSpan will show a variety of products that feature its low power Wi-Fi connectivity solutions.
GainSpan Product Exhibits, Technology Demonstrations and More:
- In the Symmetry Electronics booth (#2006)
- Wi-Fi-enabled, device connectivity to the cloud – GainSpan is partnering with cloud-based energy efficiency services provider People Power to enable advancements in cloud connectivity. A temperature and light sensor board, using Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet, will then be remotely monitored and controlled from a smartphone connected wirelessly to the cloud via 3G.
- Small footprint GS1011MIPS and high-performance GS1500M – Highlighting the capabilities of its latest Wi-Fi modules, GainSpan will show its new 19.4mm x 29.7mm full-featured and self-contained GS1011MIPS as well as its GS1500M 802.11 b/g/n modules. Designed for the Internet of Things, the modules let designers easily add Wi-Fi connectivity to any 8-32-bit microcontrollers – through a serial interface and using AT commands.
- Smart Home and Energy Solutions – GainSpan will show a next-generation smart door lock and a smart power strip. Demonstrations will include a Wi-Fi enabled door lock be locked, unlocked and monitored and a smart strip being turned on/off – both from an iPhone.
- Drawing for Giveaway – GainSpan will be giving away a Wi-Fi remote control car that can be "driven" with a smartphone. To be eligible to win the car, visitors should drop off their business cards at the booth. A winner will be announced the last day of the show.
- In the Renesas Electronics booth (#1507)
- Connecting Renesas MCUs to the cloud – With cloud connectivity solutions provider Exosite, Renesas will demonstrate wireless connectivity to the cloud based on Renesas' RL78 development kits and GainSpan Wi-Fi Solution. The jointly developed solution will show how quick and easy it is to build connected products that can be monitored and controlled.
- Local Connectivity for Renesas MCUs – Highlighting the Limited AP capabilities of GainSpan technology, this demonstration will show RL78 RDK sensors being monitored and controlled by an iPhone or iPad.
- Theater Presentation – A presentation entitled "Low Power Wi-Fi -- Enabling Embedded Devices Internet Connectivity" will be given by GainSpan Vice President of Marketing, Bernard Aboussouan, at 2:30 pm on Tuesday, March 27.
- In the Freescale Semiconductor booth (#1607)
- Wi-Fi enablement for the Freescale Tower System – The demonstration will showcase an embedded system prototyped using a Freescale Tower System comprised of a graphical user interface (GUI), touch and environmental sensors, and a TWR-WIFI-GS1500M Wi-Fi peripheral module, highlighting how easy it is to add Wi-Fi connectivity to embedded designs.
About GainSpan Corporation
GainSpan is the leading semiconductor solutions company in low power Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi connectivity for the Internet of Things. Its easy-to-use system-on-chip (SoC), modules and software let customers leverage the large installed base of Wi-Fi access points and smartphones to create connected products for healthcare, smart energy and control/monitoring in industrial, commercial and residential markets. The solutions feature an ultra-low power SoC that consumes a few uA of standby current and goes from standby to active mode in a few ms. www.gainspan.com.
Carol Felton, Communications/PR
T | 408-807-3780
SOURCE GainSpan Corporation
More by this Source
Savant® Systems Selects GainSpan Wi-Fi for New SmartLighting Control System
Dec 05, 2013, 10:30 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.