GDF SUEZ Subsidiary Unveils New Website to Provide High-Value Information to Commercial and Institutional Electricity Buyers
Feature-packed Site Includes Pricing Data, Interactive Service Area Maps, Educational Videos
HOUSTON, Jan. 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA, the retail energy business of GDF SUEZ Energy North America, has unveiled a new feature-packed website at www.gdfsuezenergyresources.com.
The new site includes a wide range of high-value content designed to help commercial, industrial, and institutional electricity purchasers make better, more informed decisions about their energy choices. In addition to a vibrant new look, the updated site offers real-time and historical electricity pricing data, comprehensive interactive service area maps, and educational videos.
"We are dedicated to offering customers access to critical knowledge they need to understand and manage issues in the electricity marketplace," said Robert Wilson, President and CEO of GDF SUEZ Energy Resources. "This website reflects that dedication. It not only complements our ongoing educational seminars, but also provides another opportunity for customers to access tools that can give them more information about their energy consumption, risks, and costs."
Key features of the new site include:
- Consolidation of real-time and historical wholesale market pricing data for all ISOs on a single page, updated every 15 minutes. This allows users to receive all the pricing information they need from one location rather than visiting multiple sites.
- Detailed interactive maps that provide comprehensive deregulation data about each market where GDF SUEZ Energy Resources is serving customers. The information is provided at the ISO, state and county – and sometimes even city – levels, and shows the territories served by various utilities and where customers have the option of choosing an electricity provider.
- A "Decision Economics" page that includes videos of educational seminars hosted by GDF SUEZ Energy Resources, as well as white papers and other instructional materials.
- Full access to the company's social media communications, including Twitter, Facebook, and a dedicated YouTube channel that contains videos about topics ranging from how electricity is priced to how to better manage their energy spending.
- Credit scorecards that allow customers to consider the financial strength and potential reliability of individual retail electric providers.
- Up-to-date information on the new ERCOT nodal market in Texas that reflects both historical and real-time wholesale pricing.
- Posting of the weekly Market Monitor and quarterly On The Horizon publications, and an easy process to subscribe to both.
- Customer testimonials.
- A remodeled corporate newsroom page.
GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA is the second largest non-residential retail energy supplier in the U.S. and currently serves commercial and industrial customers in 11 markets: Delaware, Texas, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Illinois, Connecticut, and Washington, D.C. The company serves over 60,000 accounts for customers having a peak demand ranging from 50 KW to more than 200 MW, with an estimated peak load totaling nearly 10,000 MW.
To learn more about GDF SUEZ Energy Resources, visit www.gdfsuezenergyresources.com or call 1-866-999-8374.
About GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc.:
GDF SUEZ Energy North America, Inc. manages a range of energy businesses in the United States, Mexico, and Canada, including electricity generation and cogeneration, natural gas and liquefied natural gas (LNG) distribution and sales, asset-based trading and origination, and retail energy sales and related services to commercial and industrial customers.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America owns and/or operates cogeneration, steam, and chilled water facilities, including those in construction, representing a capacity of more than 8,000 MW of electricity generation, 6.0 million pounds per hour of steam, and 42,000 tons per hour of chilled water. Renewable fuels—wind, hydro, and biomass—power 23 of the facilities in the portfolio, two of which are among the largest wind farms in eastern Canada. The company's natural gas assets include an LNG receiving terminal in Everett, Massachusetts, which currently meets approximately 20 percent of New England's annual gas demand; an offshore LNG import facility off the coast of Massachusetts; and natural gas distribution networks and pipelines in Mexico that serve nearly 400,000 customers.
GDF SUEZ Energy North America is part of the international energy group, GDF SUEZ.
SOURCE GDF SUEZ Energy Resources NA
More by this Source
GDF SUEZ Energy Resources Announces Exclusive Agreement with EBW MarketPro
Jan 14, 2014, 05:05 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.