General Growth Properties Releases 2014 Sustainability Report
CHICAGO, May 29, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- General Growth Properties, Inc. ("GGP") (NYSE: GGP) today released its 2014 Sustainability Report. The report covers many of GGP's significant achievements in Sustainability during the past calendar year and details GGP's integrated approach to environmental and social responsibility.
Highlights of the 2014 GGP Sustainability Report include:
- Adopting the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standard reporting format, which ensures we measure and document our achievements in a manner consistent with global best practices.
- Reporting greenhouse gas emissions for the first time, creating a baseline for future performance.
- Completing our first LEED Certified project at The Mall in Columbia (Maryland), which includes the installation of a 6,000 gallon cistern that collects rainwater that is reused to irrigate mall landscaping.
- Installing solar power systems at four properties in New Jersey, which resulted in saving more than 5.5 million kilowatt hours in 2013.
- Retrofitting of lighting at numerous properties across our portfolio, which is estimated to save more than 7.5 million kilowatt hours per year.
The Report reinforces GGP's commitment to the reporting principles of transparency and accountability by sharing details of our performance that affect our Communities, Retailers, Employees, Consumers and Shareholders (CRECS).
GGP is an S&P 500 company focused exclusively on owning, managing, leasing, and developing high-quality retail properties throughout the United States. GGP is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, and publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol GGP.
SOURCE General Growth Properties, Inc.