GeNO LLC Makes Significant Additions to Management Team to Increase Capability and Talent
Company announces the appointment of four new executives and two promotions
COCOA, Fla., Jan. 19, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- GeNO LLC (www.genollc.com), a privately held, advanced development-stage technology company, today announced the hiring of four new senior executives as well as two promotions. The additions add significant management talent and capability to the company.
In a series of moves that more than doubles GeNO's executive management team, the company today announced the hiring of:
- Kurt Dasse , Ph.D., former President and Founder of recently-sold Levitronix LLC, as Executive Vice President. Dasse has spent nearly three decades conducting research in cardiovascular disorders and developing and commercializing medical devices, including products to treat heart and renal failure. He has written more than 100 journal articles, multiple book chapters, and holds several patents.
- Jack Whiting , former Vice President, General Counsel of Levitronix LLC, as Vice President of Operations. Whiting will be responsible for finance, legal, human resources and risk management functions, as well as supply chain management.
- Daniel O'Donnell, former Vice President, Business Development at L-3 CyTerra, as General Manager. O'Donnell will be responsible for managing daily operations and new R&D business pursuits.
- Ed Bromberg , Ph.D., previously at L-3 CyTerra and Thermo, as R&D Manager. Bromberg brings more than 34 years of experience in the development of scientific instrumentation from concept to release to production.
GeNO has promoted:
- Robert Roscigno , Ph.D. to Executive Vice President. Roscigno is a seasoned executive with a unique combination of clinical development, sales, marketing and business expertise in the pharmaceutical industry. He has over 16 years of drug development experience covering inhaled, I.V., subcutaneous and oral products, including 14 years in the Pulmonary Hypertension space.
- Lucas Gamero , Ph.D. to Vice President of R&D. Gamero has 15 years of experience in research and new product development in the medical device and pharmaceutical industry.
"As our trials progress and our unique technology reach important milestones, it is important for us to expand our talent pool in product development, research and operations. We have done so with very well-respected, experienced leaders in their fields," said GeNO LLC Founder and President David Fine , Ph.D. "NITROSYL™ is an opportunity to impact an area of multiple diseases that need treatment options, and our management team growth adds to our commitment."
GeNO is currently developing a unique nitric oxide generation and delivery technology named NITROSYL™ that will help address the cost, complexity and lack of portability of current inhaled nitric oxide treatment regimens for a multitude of diseases, and would potentially reach a much larger group of patients. GeNO is developing three nitric oxide delivery platforms: a stand-alone gas cylinder system for hospital and outpatient use, a ventilator-based platform for Intensive Care Unit use, and a flashlight-sized ambulatory system for chronic outpatient use. The company is currently performing two Phase 2 trials: one, as a Pilot Study in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH) and a second dose-escalation trial for the Treatment of Pulmonary Hypertension in patients with PAH and Pulmonary Hypertension secondary to Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis (PH-IPF). Additional study details can be found on http://clinicaltrials.gov/ -- ClinicalTrials.gov Identifiers NCT01092559 and NCT01265888.
ABOUT GENO LLC
GeNO LLC, founded in 2006, is a privately held, advanced development-stage technology company that is developing innovative nitric oxide (NO) generation and delivery platforms to enable the true potential of inhaled nitric oxide to be realized. The company is focused on applying the new technology to deliver inhaled nitric oxide to patients in a wide variety of settings, including ambulatory and in-home use for potential chronic treatment. GeNO's NITROSYL Systems will be regulated by the FDA as new drugs with their own NDAs. These systems have been designated as Combination Products by the FDA Office of Combination Products, with the Division of Cardiovascular and Renal Products designated as the lead reviewer for GeNO's initial INDs.
SOURCE GeNO LLC
More by this Source
New Pre-Clinical and Clinical Data on GeNO LLC's Nitric Oxide Delivery Systems to Be Presented at 2013 American College of Cardiology and American Thoracic Society Medical Meetings
Jan 29, 2013, 08:00 ET
GeNO LLC Announces Senior Management Appointments
Dec 18, 2012, 12:20 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.