TORONTO, May 9 /PRNewswire/ - VIA Rail Canada is pleased to show its
support for Toronto by offering special fares for passengers travelling to
Canada's largest city this coming long weekend. These special fares will apply
to, one way or round trip, in all classes of service, where Toronto is the
The "Get on Board for Toronto!" fares are currently available with the
- Valid for travel within the Windsor to Quebec City corridor, as well
as for connections from/to VIA's Eastern and Western Transcontinental
trains and Toronto;
- Toronto must either be the final destination or the turnaround point
(in a round trip itinerary);
- Valid in all classes of service for travel commencing May 15-20
inclusive (new tickets only);
- No advance purchase required;
- 50% off regular Adult fares, children 2-11 receive an additional 50%
off discount in economy class or 25% discount in VIA 1 or sleepers;
- Once issued, tickets are non-refundable but exchangeable during the
period of validity of this sale for travel on the same travel plan;
- Some restrictions apply;
- Subject to space availability.
Toronto is VIA Rail Canada's busiest station and in 2002 VIA helped bring
over 1 million passengers to this world class destination. VIA is investing 10
million-dollars in a station improvement project to upgrade and improve
passenger services and facilities within Toronto Union Station.
VIA Rail Canada is the national passenger rail service, connecting
communities from coast to coast. VIA Rail offers several departures a day to
Toronto from all major cities within the Windsor to Quebec City corridor. For
more information on this special promotion, please visit www.viarail.ca.
Travellers can also make reservations with their travel agent or by calling
VIA at 1-888-VIA-Rail (1-888-842-7245).
SOURCE Via Rail Canada Inc.