BUFFALO, N.Y., June 13, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- This Father's Day, the way to Dad's heart is through his stomach. Why not say goodbye to aftershave, neckties and paperweights, and hello to something most dads love: a sweet treat. How to show you really care? Customize it.
Sweet treats make delicious gifts, but since most people don't have the time to bake something, the bakery at the grocery store offers a variety of inexpensive, fresh and delicious options that can be turned into great, personalized gifts. For Father's Day this year, don't spend all your time in the kitchen prepping, baking and cleaning. Take some time to hang out with your favorite guy and give him a homemade gift from the heart. Children of all ages will love making these sweet treats for Dad.
Here's how it works:
- Head to the bakery department at your local grocery store and pick out a baked good Dad is sure to love; cupcakes, cookies, brownies, muffins, cinnamon rolls, donuts.
- Pick up materials to create a uniquely wrapped gift – straws, toothpicks, plastic bags, ribbon;
- Package the baked goods & gift to the fathers in your life.
To encourage this thoughtfulness year-round, Give Bakery Because offers ideas that make it easy to show appreciation to all the special people in their lives throughout the year, on any "Just Because" occasion.
A variety of bloggers have joined in the Give Bakery Because fun this Father's Day by posting their DIY gift ideas using store- bought items from the bakery department in their local grocery store. Here are a few examples:
- Our friends at Macaroni Kid decided to show dad how much they care with a crafty tool box full of sweet treats.
- Another blogger at Macaroni Kid and her daughter wanted to make shirt and tie themed placemats - perfect for their surprise breakfast for Dad. They went with muffins that they picked up from a local grocery store, but any baked goods could work- cookies, muffins, cupcakes.
- Check out this great idea from Club Chica Circle. Whether you have a big family celebration or just a small affair planned, the special father in your world will surely feel the love and enjoy yummy treats with this cool cupcake display. You can customize with letters and decorate yourself to spell out DAD, or anything else you want. The sturdy letters make it the perfect surface to show off yummy cupcakes or other treats.
For more quick and simple gifting and packaging ideas, visit the #GiveBakery Pinterest or Instagram pages to get inspired for your next DIY gifting adventure. Share your personal projects and how you got creative with tasty treats from your local grocery store's bakery using #GiveBakery.
About Rich Products Corporation
Rich Products Corporation, a leading provider to in-store bakery and retail marketplaces, launched Give Bakery Because in 2014. Rich's is a global food company defined by innovation and renowned for imagining what's possible. With more than 2,000 delicious products found in kitchens and bakeries around the world, Rich's continues to expand within the global marketplace across six continents. As a leading, worldwide supplier to the foodservice, in-store bakery and deli, and retail marketplaces, Rich's is regarded throughout the industry for its food ingenuity and for its commitment to customer solutions that raise the standards for delicious and unique tastes, quality and convenience.
Its strong global presence in more than 100 countries is characterized by a variety of innovative products that satisfy unique local preferences and are specifically customized for each region. Rich's annual sales now exceed $3.5 billion and the privately held, family-owned company employs more than 10,000 associates around the world. Additional company information can be found at Richs.com, Facebook, LinkedIn and via Twitter.
About Our Specialty
Our Specialty™ is a consumer brand with a portfolio of sweet and savory baked goods produced by global food company Rich Products Corporation. Among Our Specialty branded products are a lineup of flatbreads; an assortment of Nut-Free and Tree-Nut-Free Cookies and Sweet Middles Sandwich cookies; and a variety of Gluten Free desserts. To learn more, visit ourspecialty.com/give-bakery-because/.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/give-dad-a-sweet-treat-this-year-300283575.html
SOURCE Give Bakery Because