OAKLAND, Calif., Sept. 27, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Say goodbye to soggy lunchtime salads that have been ruined by adding dressing in the morning before work. The GLAD Products Company has developed an innovative solution that hit shelves this month: new Glad To Go Lunch and Snack containers. The newest GladWare® containers feature a small cup that snaps into the lid so you can carry single portions of salad dressing and sauces without worrying about messy spills or soggy foods.
These unique products are designed to seal in freshness and allow you to pack and carry a variety of foods in ways you haven't been able to before. Whether you pack salad and dressing for lunch or send fruit and yogurt dip with kids to school, these all-in-one containers keep up with an active lifestyle at home and on the go. Glad To Go Lunch and Snack containers are reusable as well as dishwasher, freezer and microwave safe, and BPA-free.
"We've continuously heard that people can't easily take the foods they want on the go. We're thrilled to offer consumers a convenient way to take lunch and snacks on-the-go," said Bob Hillman, brand manager for The GLAD Products Company. "This revolutionary product makes it easy to save on time, money and waste, while catering to our busy lifestyles."
New Glad To Go containers not only let you easily carry food that you haven't been able to before, but they also allow you to take advantage of all the benefits of bringing lunch to work, including:
- Save Money: Taking lunch to work can help save an average of $1,580 per year(1)
- Shrink Time: Save 250 hours a year(2) fighting crowds during lunch hour.
- Lower Calories: The average lunch out packs more than 800 calories. Taking lunch to work can save an average of 400 calories per day (30 pounds of fat per year)(3). Glad To Go containers can help control meal plans, ingredients, and caloric intake.
- Decrease Mess: Like all GLAD products, Glad To Go containers help protect food, and the tight seal prevents messy leaks and spills while sealing in freshness. With liquids secured in the Glad To Go cup, users are provided with a double seal -- the seal of the cup attached to the lid, as well as the seal of the lid itself -- so potential messes are contained within the GladWare.
- Reduce Waste: Americans generate more than 34 million tons of food waste each year(4) and some estimate they toss out enough paper bags and plastic cups, forks and spoons every year to circle the equator 300 times(5). Help reduce some of this unnecessary waste by using re-usable and dishwasher safe Glad To Go containers to take leftovers and homemade food for lunch.
Special Offers for Glad To Go Lunch and Snack Containers
This fall, GLAD is offering coupons and special incentives on GladWare® products, including Glad To Go containers, for consumers who "like" the GLAD Facebook page at www.facebook.com/Glad. On September 26, GLAD launched a coupon offer for the first 50,000 new Facebook fans featuring a $1 savings with the purchase of any two GladWare®, Glad® Food Bag, Cling Wrap or Press 'N Seal® products. In addition, Facebook fans will have the opportunity to win prizes throughout the fall. GLAD will also host a live chat with Chef Candice Kumai, author of the cookbook "Pretty Delicious," to discuss tips and tricks for bringing healthy lunches to work.
The new Glad To Go containers can be found in grocery stores and mass merchandisers nationwide for $2.99 per package of four containers. Glad To Go containers are available in two sizes: a 32 ounce "lunch" container and a 24 ounce "snack" container, both of which feature a 1.5 ounce "to-go" cup that snaps into the lid. For more information, please visit www.facebook.com/Glad.
The GLAD Products Company
The GLAD Products Company is wholly owned subsidiary of The Clorox Company. The Clorox Company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products with 8,100 employees and fiscal year 2011 revenues of $5.2 billion. Clorox markets some of consumers' most trusted and recognized brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products, Green Works® naturally derived home care products, Pine-Sol® cleaners, Poett® home care products, Fresh Step® cat litter, Kingsford® charcoal, Hidden Valley® and K C Masterpiece® dressings and sauces, Brita® water-filtration products, Glad® bags, wraps and containers, and Burt's Bees® natural personal care products. Nearly 90 percent of Clorox Company brands hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories. The company's products are manufactured in more than two dozen countries and sold in more than 100 countries. Clorox is committed to making a positive difference in the communities where its employees work and live. Founded in 1980, The Clorox Company Foundation has awarded cash grants totaling more than $84 million to nonprofit organizations, schools and colleges. In fiscal year 2011 alone, the foundation awarded $4 million in cash grants, and Clorox made product donations valued at $13 million. For more information about Clorox, visit www.TheCloroxCompany.com.
(4) "Basic Information about Food Waste." Wastes - Resource Conservation Common Wastes & Materials - Organic Materials. US Environmental Protection Agency, 24 Mar 2011.
Molly Steinkrauss, The Clorox Company; (510) 27-4946; email@example.com
Alexis Freeman, Current PR; (312) 929-0504; firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE The GLAD Products Company