LONDON, Jan. 31, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The global market for optics and eye wear is expected to continue to grow at a consistent rate in the coming years. It is expected that the sunglass market will benefit not only from increased awareness of the dangers of UV exposure but also from frames and sunglasses being increasingly perceived as fashion products. Innovative materials for lenses and frames and other technological advances have resulted in several new designs with better aesthetic appeal, style and quality. Eyeglasses are increasingly being used as a facial accessory and a matching item for a wide variety of outfits, and for highlighting the personality of eyeglass wearers.
Essilor, Luxottica, Carl Zeiss, Safilo, Marcolin and Marchon are the top players in the industry. Given Luxottica's and Essilor's critical mass and global distribution, both companies enjoy relatively limited competition within their respective markets.
While the sheer increase in the world population opens up several new possibilities and opportunities for eyeglass manufacturers and retailers, the already large base of aging population of over 45 years with poor eye vision and symptoms of presbyopia, is forecast to turbo-charge demand further. The rise of the Internet as a potent vehicle for selling eyeglasses is additionally expected to expand the retailing reach of eyeglasses worldwide. Thanks to the growing popularity of E-commerce and Internet based sales transactions, the revenue inflow for eyeglasses from cyberspace is increasingly on the rise. The growing demand for popular-priced sunglasses and the robust growth outlook for plastic frames and lenses are also expected to add momentum to the total eyeglasses market in the next few years.
Although developed markets such as the US and Europe have been the traditional revenue contributors to the global eyeglasses market, collectively accounting for a major share of the total market revenue, growth in the short to medium term period is at its best in emerging markets of Asia-Pacific and Latin America. The Asia-Pacific region especially is the fastest growing regional market in terms of sales.
Taiyou Research presents an analysis of the Global Luxury Eyewear Market. The report covers the following:
- An analysis of the global optical market through an industry overview, the impact of the recession on the revenues of the industry, the impact of the rising number of vision correction in the population in the optical market, and the good growth statistics emerging from developing economies.
- An analysis of the market for prescription frames and sunglasses through an industry overview, a look at the wholesale market for prescription frames and sunglasses including a region-wise statistical analysis as well as a comparison between sunglasses and prescription frames market. We also analyze the market for frame designers and manufacturers.
- A brief analysis of the market for ophthalmic lenses in included, moving to the analysis of the ophthalmic retail market. We look at the market for non-prescription reading glasses that is fast gaining popularity in this section.
- A look at the factors impacting the global luxury eyewear market such as limited public reimbursement, low penetration rates of optical correction in many countries, the advances in innovation, and the emergence of customization in the industry.
- A forecast for the global optical industry analyzes the market till 2020.
- Major industry players such as Essilor and Luxottica, along with several others are analyzed through investment risk analysis, regional performance, analysis of their brand portfolios, growth drivers, company strategies and financials, and much more in included.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4657485/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-luxury-eyewear-market---forecast-trends--opportunities-2015-2020-300400089.html