LONDON, Jan. 17, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- This BCC Research report is an analysis of the Raman spectroscopy market which includes factors currently driving and restraining the growth of the market, as well as factors impacting the future of the industry. Forecasts provided from 2016 through 2021.
Use this report to:
- Understand opportunities and innovation-driven Raman spectroscopy market highlights, and the major regions and countries involved in such developments.
- Analyze various applications of Raman spectroscopy and the market dynamics of each application.
- Identify segments with high growth potential and to understand future applications for given segments.
- Discuss the major stakeholders in each of the regional markets and explain the global drivers, current trends, challenges, and regional dynamics of the market.
- The global market for Raman spectroscopy is expected to reach $1.8 billion by 2021 from $1.1 billion in 2016, rising at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.9% from 2016 through 2021.
- The Life sciences application market of Raman spectroscopy is the largest sector of the market. The market is expected to grow from $416 million in 2016 to $658 million in 2021 at a CAGR of 9.6% for the period 2016-2021.
- The Semiconductors application market of Raman spectroscopy is expected to grow from $163 million in 2016 to $271 million in 2021 at a CAGR of 10.7% for the period 2016-2021.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
This report is an analysis of the Raman spectroscopy market. The information in this report includes factors currently driving and restraining the growth of the market, as well as factors impacting the future of the industry.
The goals and objectives include:
- To understand opportunities and innovation-driven Raman spectroscopy market highlights, and the major regions and countries involved in such developments. - Analysis of the various applications of the Raman spectroscopy and market dynamics of each application.
- Identifying segments with high growth potential and understanding future applications of given segments.
- Key trends related to the applications, sampling techniques and instruments that shape and influence the Raman spectroscopy market.
- Region-specific developments in the industry.
- To understand the major stakeholders in the market and competitive landscape for the market leaders.
- Analysis of growth strategies by key players in the Raman spectroscopy market.
- Analysis of patent positions where relevant.
SCOPE OF REPORT
The Raman spectroscopy market is segmented into the following categories:
o Life sciences.
o Materials science.
o Carbon materials.
o Others (agriculture and mining).
o Probe-based Raman.
o Others (Raman micro spectrophotometers, remote fiber optic probes, dispersive Raman spectrophotometers and nondispersive spectrophotometers).
- Sampling techniques:
o Surface enhanced Raman scattering.
o Tip enhanced Raman scattering.
o Others (Resonance Raman spectroscopy, hyper Raman, spontaneous Raman spectroscopy, spatially offset Raman spectroscopy and stimulated Raman spectroscopy).
o North America (U.S., Canada and Mexico).
o Europe (France, Italy, Germany and the U.K.)
o Russia and other Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
o Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Taiwan, South Korea and others).
o Rest of the world (RoW) (the Middle East, Africa and South America).
- Industry and competitive analysis.
- Patent analysis.
- Company profiles.
This report will be of interest to the following:
- End-user companies.
- Instrument providers.
- Those involved in the testing phase.
- Investors (e.g., private equity and venture capital).
The various sources used to obtain the information required for this extensive commercial and technical study of the Raman spectroscopy market are as follows:
- Primary sources:
o Selected experts from related industries.
o Preferred suppliers.
- Secondary sources:
o Research papers.
o White papers.
o Databases such as OneSource, Factiva, Bloomberg, SEC (for company filings) and Reuters.
o Stock exchanges such as the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), Toronto Stock Exchange (TMX), NASDAQ, Australia Securities Exchange (ASX) and the London Stock Exchange (LSE).
Both top-down and bottom-up approaches were used to estimate and validate the size of the Raman spectroscopy market. The size of the overall market was derived by using forecasting techniques based on the products used for Raman spectroscopy applications, and an analysis of several application sectors and trends seen in various regions.
The bottom-up approach was implemented to arrive at the overall market value by adding appropriate instruments and sampling techniques revenues. Total market size was determined through revenue earnings, and includes company revenue shares of the Raman spectroscopy market. This overall Raman spectroscopy market size (revenue) was used in the top-down approach to arrive at the market sizes of all the individual submarkets and validated by the original market sizes of the subsegment markets.
Market shares of major market segments by sampling technique and region, as well as by instrument and region, were used to arrive at the market sizes of the major Raman spectroscopy market segments by sampling techniques, instruments, application and region. The exact reverse of this procedure (i.e., using a bottom-up approach from the application and regional segments to arrive at the overall Raman spectroscopy market and top-down from the overall Raman spectroscopy market to arrive at the individual key player revenues) was also done to validate market sizes. Thus, data were triangulated between three major categories: Raman spectroscopy market sizes, regional market sizes and company revenues.
KEY DATA POINTS FROM PRIMARY SOURCES
The key players in the Raman spectroscopy market were identified through secondary research, and their market revenues were determined through primary and secondary research. This analysis includes studying the annual reports of top market players and interviews with key opinion leaders such as CEOs, directors and marketing personnel. All primary sources were interviewed to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information as well as to assess future prospects.
Regional market shares were determined using secondary sources verified through primary sources and were based on various parameters, including the number of players in a particular region and the technological trends observed in that region. Past and future growth trends in the Raman spectroscopy market are presented.
KEY DATA POINTS FROM SECONDARY SOURCES
- Technical details of the technology behind viewing Raman spectroscopy.
- Current and projected market revenues by participant. This includes analysis of the annual reports of the top market players, as well as extensive interviews with key leaders such as CEOs, directors and marketing executives.
- Past growth rates in various industry sectors such as industry association reports, university reports and company annual reports were used for the study.
- Revenues from various products and their current and future trends.
- Segmentation of the instruments and application sectors of the Raman spectroscopy market.
Sinha G. has an MBA in Finance from the ICFAI Business School, Hyderabad (India) and a bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from Rajasthan University (India). His primary focus is in the electronics, semiconductor, photonics, chemicals and communications markets. He has researched various markets for several years, including electronics, semiconductors, chemicals, photonics and information technology. Specific market research reports have covered quantum dots, ultrafast lasers, vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs), UV-cured resins and metrology.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4226881/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-markets-for-raman-spectroscopy-300392229.html