DUBLIN, February 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5jc6qj/global_nuclear) have announced the addition of the "Global Nuclear Power Plant Outlook, 2013-2020" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
The nuclear power industry is beginning to receive serious attention once again with the promise of new reactor designs and a greater emphasis on nuclear as a long-term energy solution for governments globally. Unfortunately, the industry has a long history of over-optimism in terms of both the readiness of technology and its economics. Those parties interested in determining growth opportunities in the nuclear power business sector require a realistic appraisal of what is likely to emerge over the course of the next eight years.
This 189-page report answers several questions regarding commercial nuclear power:
- Is the perceived resurgence of this industry plausible and if so, how much of a market does it constitute?
- Are nuclear capacity addition forecasts accurate?
- Are cost estimates for plant construction and operation reasonable?
- How does the cost of electricity from these new designs compare with alternative sources of electricity?
This report also provides context to the business of nuclear power, insight as to why it declined in the 1980's and then remained dormant over much of the 1990s; what issues have been resolved since then and what barriers remain.
The objectives of the report are to equip the reader with realistic and objective insight into:
- The nature of the nuclear power renaissance and whether or not it is a short-term or sustainable change in the industry
- The Fukushima incident and its impact on several countries' nuclear power programs
- Cost assessments and comparisons of nuclear technologies among themselves and other electricity generation sources
- A forecast of new nuclear plant capacity plans and capital investment
- Scenario-based forecasts of nuclear capacity and investment
- Probabilistic forecasts of capacity and capital
Key Topics Covered:
3 NEXT GENERATION NPP TECHNOLOGIES
4 GLOBAL MARKETS
5 GLOBAL NUCLEAR POWER MARKET FORECAST 2013-2020
6 KEY PARTICIPANTS
- Atomic Energy of Canada
- Babcock & Wilcox
- British Nuclear Fuels
- CB&I (The Shaw Group)
- Cameco Corporation
- China Guangdong Nuclear Power Group
- China National Nuclear Corporation
- GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy
- Gen4 Energy (Hyperion Power)
- General Atomics
- Generation mPower
- Holtec International
- IHI Corporation
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries
- NuScale Power
- Pebble Bed Modular Reactor
- RWE AG
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/5jc6qj/global_nuclear
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets