LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Pectin is a carbohydrate found in all fruits and vegetables and is important for plant growth.
Industrially, it is mainly extracted from citrus peels or apple pomace. It is used as a gelling agent, thickener, water binder and stabilizer in foods, medicines, etc. The global pectin market has grown at a CAGR of around 6% during 2009-2016. The global demand of pectin is currently being driven by its capability to create customized textures and its natural association with fruit and fruit pulp.
The report has analyzed the global market for pectin on the basis of its end-uses:
· Traditionally, pectin has been used as a jellying agent in jams and jellies. These days, however, it is being used as a stabilizing and thickening agent as well.
· The dairy products segment represents the largest and fastest growing consumer of pectin as it is used in low fat dairy products as a texturizer.
· The other applications of pectin cover bakery products, fine foods, confectionery and spreads.
· Pectin is also used in the pharmaceutical industry and cosmetic industries in order to boost the viscosity and stability of gels or creams.
The report has analyzed the global pectin market on the basis of key regions:
· Europe represents the largest market for pectin accounting for more than a third of the total global consumption.
· Europe is followed by Asia, North America and South America.
· Assessing the global imports and exports of pectin, the report has found that the United States is the largest global importer of pectin followed by Germany, Russian Federation, Japan and China.
· Mexico, on the other hand, is the largest exporter of pectin.
The report has analyzed the global competitive landscape of the pectin market:
· As the pectin manufacturing process is complex and capital intensive, it is dominated by a handful of companies.
· The report finds that CP Kelco is currently the world's largest pectin manufacturer accounting for nearly a third of the total global pectin production.
· CP Kelco was followed by Dansico, Cargill, Herbstreith & Fox Corporate group, Obipektin AG and Yantai Andre Pectin.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-pectin-market-witnessed-growth-of-6-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300458033.html