The global polysilicon market is anticipated to reach USD 13.56 billion by 2025
The growing solar PV (photovoltaic) and electronic industry are expected to propel market demand over the coming years. The FBR technology used in the production of polysilicon has helped to reduce manufacturing cost to a large extent, thus lowering prices of polysilicon in 2014. Increasing solar photovoltaic installations is projected to impact market growth positively. Polysilicon is also used in the fabrication of crystalline silicon wafers, which is the backbone of the microelectronics industry.
Asia Pacific occupied the largest share of the global polysilicon market on account of a vast number of solar installations in countries such as China, India, Japan, and South Korea. The low cost of solar grade polysilicon is expected to propel market demand over the forecast period.
Further Key Findings from the Study Suggest:
- Huge investments in renewable energy projects across the world is expected to boost the demand for polysilicon over the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is projected to grow at the highest CAGR with China leading the market share
- PV capacity expansion projects undertaken in Asia Pacific coupled with the growth of the semiconductor industry is anticipated to complement market growth within the region
- North America occupied the second largest share in 2015 on account of high polysilicon demand in the U.S. electronics and solar energy industry
- Implementation of anti-dumping policies is anticipated to restrain market growth over the forecast period
- The fluidized bed reactor (FBR) technology used for the manufacture of solar grade polysilicon helps to reduce manufacturing cost to a large extent
- Some of the companies that have adopted the FBR technology for the manufacture of polysilicon include REC Silicone, GCL Poly, and SunEdison Inc.
- According to the International Technology Roadmap for Photovoltaics (ITRPV), FBR technology used in the manufacture of polysilicon is projected to occupy 30% of the market share by 2017
- Chinese duties and the oversupply scenario experienced by the polysilicon market in 2013 led to plant shutdowns of company's such as REC Silicon, SunEdison, Hemlock
Key Topics Covered:
1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research methodology
1.2 Research scope and assumptions
1.3 List of data sources
2 Executive Summary
2.1 Polysilicon - Industry snapshot and key buying criteria
3 Polysilicon Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market segmentation & scope
3.2 Penetration & growth prospect mapping
3.3 Value chain analysis
3.4 Raw material trend
3.5 Regulatory framework
3.6 Technology landscape
3.7 Market dynamics
3.8 Industry analysis - Porter's
3.9 PESTEL analysis
4 Polysilicon Market: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
4.1 Application movement analysis & market share, 2015 & 2025
4.2 Market size forecasts and trend analysis by application, 2014 - 2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
5 Polysilicon Market: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Regional movement analysis & market share, 2015 & 2025
5.2 Market size forecasts & trend analysis by region, 2014 - 2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
5.3 North America
5.5 Asia Pacific
5.6 Central & South America (CSA)
5.7 Middle East & Africa (MEA)
6 Competitive Landscape
6.1 Vendor landscape
6.2 Competitive environment
6.3 Company market positioning
6.4 Strategy framework
7 Company Profiles
Companies operating in this market include
- Wacker Chemie AG
- OCI Company Ltd.
- Hemlock Semiconductor Group
- REC Silicon ASA
- TBEA Co., Ltd.
- GCL - Poly Energy Holding Ltd.
- Qatar Solar Technologies
- Osaka Titanium Technologies Co. Ltd.
- Beijing Lier High-temperature Materials Co. Ltd.
- Hankook Silicon Co. Ltd.
- LDK Solar Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Polycrystalline Silicon America Corporation
- Tokuyama Corporation
- DAQO New Energy
- SunEdison Inc.
- Wafer Works Inc.
- Woongiin Polysilicon Co. Ltd.
For more information about this report visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/bj6t5h/polysilicon
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-polysilicon-photovoltaic-electronics-market-analysis-2014-2025-asia-pacific-occupied-the-largest-share-of-the-1356-billion-market---research-and-markets-300392646.html
SOURCE Research and Markets