MANASSAS, Va., Oct. 7, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Manassas Votes, a local organization promoting good government, today announced its endorsements for Manassas City Council and Manassas School Board.
For City Council:
- Rex Parr
- Pam Sebesky
- Mark Wolfe
For School Board:
- Scott Albrecht
- Kristen Kiefer
- Peter O'Hanlon
- Suzanne Seaberg
The members of Manassas Votes independently evaluated all candidates for city council and school board based on each candidate's policy platform, responses to a candidate survey, record as an elected official (if applicable), professional credentials, and community involvement.
The endorsed candidates for Manassas City Council have records of tangible achievement and have committed to action to put in place and implement plans, policies, robust capital investment and sustained operational funding to prioritize:
- Aggressive economic development efforts to strengthen existing businesses and attract quality new business development;
- Support for public schools with the resources necessary to provide modern facilities and World-class instructional programs;
- Support for public safety by providing fully staffed and equipped police, fire and rescue services, and by strengthening personnel retention, providing adequate facilities, and reducing response times;
- Well-maintained and continuously improved public infrastructure, with an emphasis on utilities, streets, public spaces and parks; and
- Neighborhood preservation initiatives and other measures to support and encourage strong neighborhoods and a thriving community.
The endorsed candidates for City School Board also have records of tangible achievement and relevant experience, and have set forth leadership principles, vision, and specific plans and policies supporting strong school administration and sustained school performance improvement.
About Manassas Votes
Manassas Votes, formed in 2012, is a group of residents of the City of Manassas who have come together to support and encourage effective, efficient, responsive and transparent local government, including best practices in government operations and in the delivery of government services.
Manassas Votes is non-partisan, getting no financial support from any political party, and not affiliated with any political organization. For more information, candidate survey responses, and updates and analysis of local campaigns, visit Manassas Votes on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ManassasVotes/.
About the November 2016 General Election
The 2016 General Election will be held on Tuesday, November 8, with polling places open in the City of Manassas from 6am to 7pm. The Manassas Voter Registration Office, located at 9025 Center Street, Manassas, will also be open for in-person absentee voting Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5pm; and on Saturday, October 29, and Saturday, November 5, from 9am to 5pm. The last day to register to vote is Monday, October 17. Contact the office of the Manassas General Registrar for more information, by phone at 703-257-8230, and online at
Authorized and paid for by Manassas Votes. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's campaign committee.
Contact Stephen Hersch, Email, Ph 704-281-6885
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/good-government-group-manassas-votes-endorses-manassas-city-council-and-school-board-candidates-300341131.html
SOURCE Manassas Votes PAC