SUNNYVALE, Calif., June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Good Technology™, the leader in secure mobility, today announced the Good Secure Mobility Solution, the first comprehensive solution that delivers the productivity that mobile workers want, with the security and protection of corporate data that IT needs, without compromising user experience or privacy. Good's cross-platform solution is comprised of the Good Dynamics® Secure Mobility Platform, the Good Collaboration Suite, and a rich ecosystem of ISV and custom-developed enterprise apps.
The Good Secure Mobility Solution is the first integrated product suite for developing, securing, deploying, and managing entire workflows. Whether a workflow has been specifically designed by the business, or is made up of a series of apps delivered by Good or its broad ecosystem of ISV partners, the Good platform ensures a secure, seamless flow of data throughout. Now CIOs can address the wide range of use cases, from BYOD to fixed function devices, or mobilizing legacy apps and enabling custom app development, with a single platform.
"With the continued momentum of tablets and smartphones in the workplace, today's employees expect the ability to perform any task from any connected device, with a streamlined and easy-to-use interface, while also keeping their privacy intact," said Christy Wyatt, chief executive officer of Good Technology. "Only Good offers a complete secure solution that empowers organizations in every stage of the mobile maturity lifecycle to meet these significant end user and Line of Business demands and securely embrace the full benefits of mobility to drive business transformation."
The Good Dynamics Secure Mobility Platform enables the containerization and management of mobile apps and data, even on devices without mobile device management (MDM) control. Using Good's patent-pending application-to-application encrypted tunneling technology, IT can enable secure document and data sharing between apps, protecting corporate data as it moves from app to app. In addition, the Good Secure Mobility Solution incorporates mobile app analytics delivering detailed reporting on usage patterns, like high and low usage users, peak use times, and app-to-app comparisons, enabling more informed investment decisions for increased mobile app ROI.
"By securing apps, data, and BYOD devices, the Good Secure Mobility solution takes the right approach to ensuring corporate information remains protected," said Bob Burkhart, MBA, CITAM, Technology, Infrastructure and Planning, Nationwide. "By giving us the confidence we need to find new ways to transform and streamline our workflows, Good is helping to improve business agility, increase customer responsiveness, and boost worker productivity – making Nationwide a better place to work and do business with."
Through Good Dynamics Marketplace, an extensive ecosystem of ISV partners, enterprises can find and deploy apps for many common business uses, including accessing SharePoint and SAP, securely sharing files through popular cloud services such as Box.com, delivering business intelligence through MicroStrategy, and fostering collaboration. IT departments can also distribute and provision apps to employees and external business partners through Good AppCentral, a consumer-like enterprise app store, with or without an MDM client. For app developers, leveraging Good Dynamics to build and deploy apps speeds delivery and ensures industry-leading levels of protection and compliance, and supports native iOS and Android development as well as popular hybrid frameworks so developers do not need to buy new tools or learn security protocols.
"Mobile productivity applications can transform business by speeding processes and improving communication with the extended enterprise when deployed and managed properly," continued Wyatt. "Good offers a comprehensive solution to secure and manage enterprise-built applications, and extends our innovative technology to a large ecosystem of industry-leading third-party apps. This is the first secure mobility platform to provide such broad developer support, no matter whether native or hybrid development is used."
Specific new capabilities to the Good Dynamics platform include:
- App Wrapping: Easily containerize custom apps without needing source code or development resources, ensuring secure corporate data through an entire workflow within the respective apps.
- Good Dynamics SDK & Adobe PhoneGap Support: First platform to provide developers with an SDK for easy containerization and security of both native iOS and Android apps, as well as support for hybrid apps built on the popular Adobe PhoneGap framework.
- Server Clustering support: First solution to meet needs for enterprise-class high availability and disaster recovery requirements for mission critical mobile apps.
- Mobile App Analytics: First solution to provide rich visualization and reporting of app usage, including peak times, top users, non- or limited usage users, and app-to-app comparisons.
- Service Management: Proactively monitors mobile infrastructure from device to carrier to internal systems to alert IT on deviations from normal baseline behaviors with recommended tuning steps to restore normal operations.
- Support Management: Enables help desk personnel to pick up mobile device support on day one without costly escalations or additional specialist mobile resources.
Through the Good Collaboration Suite, enterprise and government workers are able to use the core productivity apps they need across Android, iOS and Windows devices. The Collaboration Suite consists of:
- Good for Enterprise® (GFE): Easily enables employees to access corporate email, documents, contacts, calendar, tasks and secure browser from any device, protected through a secure container. GFE also now supports Windows 8 and Office 365.
- Good Connect™: Boosts communication and collaboration within the enterprise through a secure instant message and presence app.
- Good Share™: Allows employees to access, sync and share files from SharePoint and other file servers behind the corporate firewall.
Component apps of the Collaboration Suite can securely share data with each other and with Good's ISV ecosystem of apps, as well as with custom enterprise apps built on the Good Dynamics Platform.
For more information on Good's Secure Mobility Solution, visit http://www1.good.com/secure-mobility-solution.
About Good Technology
Good Technology is the innovation leader in secure mobility solutions enabling business to move freely. Good's comprehensive solution consists of a secure mobility platform, a suite of collaboration applications, and a broad third-party application and partner ecosystem that unlocks your mobile potential. More than 5,000 organizations in 130 countries use Good Technology solutions, including FORTUNE 100™ leaders in commercial banking, insurance, healthcare, retail, government, and aerospace and defense. Learn more at www.good.com.
©2013 Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All use is subject to license terms posted at www.good.com/legal. All rights reserved. GOOD, GOOD TECHNOLOGY, the GOOD logo, GOOD FOR ENTERPRISE, GOOD FOR GOVERNMENT, GOOD FOR YOU, GOOD DYNAMICS, SECURED BY GOOD, GOOD MOBILE MANAGER, GOOD CONNECT, GOOD SHARE, GOOD TRUST, GOOD VAULT, and GOOD DYNAMICS APPKINETICS are trademarks of Good Technology Corporation and its related entities. All third-party trademarks, trade names, or service marks may be claimed as the property of their respective owners. Good's technology and products are protected by issued and pending U.S. and foreign patents.
Phone: +1 (858) 524-9443
SOURCE Good Technology