SAN CLEMENTE, Calif., May 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Summer socials al fresco: this is what California summers are all about. To complement barbecues and picnics during the season, food lovers search for decadent desserts to satisfy the sweet tooth. With this in mind, the California Milk Processor Board (CMPB), the creator of GOT MILK?, has partnered with "Top Chef Just Desserts" Season One Finalist Danielle Keene to show Californians gourmet, yet easy-to-make recipes that are sure to please even the most discriminating dessert connoisseurs.
"The creative and physical rigors of a television show like 'Top Chef Just Desserts' are true testaments to Keene's ability as a pastry chef," says Steve James, CMPB executive director. "We are thrilled to collaborate with Danielle because she offers out-of-the-box, milk-based desserts that are sure to please and impress families throughout the Golden State this summer."
Born and raised in southern California, Keene is the founder of "Bittersweet," an old-fashioned ice cream and desserts online company, famous for putting modern twists on classic desserts, while incorporating the finest ingredients in all her creations.
"Making desserts especially ice cream has been my lifelong passion," says Keene. "I grew up in a home where desserts are the highlight of every dinner and I wish for everyone to have this same experience. Collaborating with GOT MILK? is a no brainer because I cannot imagine desserts without milk. Milk adds creaminess and consistency, bringing that wholesome, homemade touch to my tasty treats."
Exclusively available on www.gotmilk.com/recipes, Keene's recipes will hit the sweet spot on any summer event:
- Pina Colada Popsicles – Nothing says summer more than Caribbean Pina Colada popsicles, bringing the taste of the tropics to summer gatherings.
- Coffee Banana Malt Ball Milkshake – The sweetness of just ripened bananas combined with good old-fashioned milk, malt balls and coffee ice cream makes this milkshake a summer favorite.
- Lavender Vanilla Bean Panna Cotta with Berry Caramel Sauce – Italian for "cooked cream," this soft and silky panna cotta with a kick of lavender and topped with a sweet berry caramel sauce melts the hearts of dessert lovers everywhere.
- Chocolate Pudding Tart with Swiss Meringue – This rich, dark chocolaty pudding tart, topped with a light touch of billowy meringue will surely impress even the most discerning guest.
- Homemade Mint Chip Ice Cream – A smooth, velvety, minty treat with chocolate shavings serves as a refreshing indulgence to help cool off during hot summer days.
To learn more about GOT MILK? and Keene's summer social desserts recipes, visit www.gotmilk.com/recipes.
About Danielle Keene
Pastry Chef Danielle Keene has been recognized by Los Angeles Magazine as one of "Best of Los Angeles" in her craft and has been praised by the Los Angeles Times for her creative "Ice Cream Shoppe Night" while working at Wilshire Restaurant in Santa Monica, Calif. Keene is the founder of Bittersweet, her old-fashioned ice cream and desserts online company. Through her participation in "Top Chef Just Desserts," Keene's visibility reached new heights, garnering national exposure for her craft and her business. Her first storefront, "Bittersweet Pastry Shop," will make its grand opening fall 2012 in Pasadena, Calif.
About the CMPB
The California Milk Processor Board was established in 1993 to make milk more competitive and increase milk consumption in California. Awareness of GOT MILK? is over 90% nationally and it is considered one of the most important and successful campaigns in history. GOT MILK? is a federally registered trademark that has been licensed by the national dairy boards since 1995. The CMPB's Spanish-language campaign began in 1994 using the tagline "Familia, Amor y Leche" (Family, Love and Milk). The TOMA LECHE (Drink Milk) campaign replaced it in 2006, following a growing trend in Hispanic food advertising that uses wit and humor to reach audiences. GOT MILK? gifts and recipes can be viewed at www.gotmilk.com and www.tomaleche.com. The CMPB is funded by all California milk processors and administered by the California Department of Food and Agriculture.
SOURCE California Milk Processor Board