ARLINGTON, Va., March 17, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Bloomberg Law today announced it will be holding a complimentary live Webinar on Monday, March 21 on the new EU-U.S. Privacy Shield. Privacy leaders from large multinational corporations and a representative of the Department of Commerce will provide global companies and law firms with customers and business in Europe guidance to help them prepare for the significant changes to the data protection landscape. Registration for the Webinar, which takes place from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. Eastern on Monday, March 21, is available at http://www.bna.com/age-safe-harbor-m57982068500/?Promocode=BLPV157AA. Interested parties can follow the conversation on Twitter at #EUUSShield.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ted Dean, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, International Trade Administration
- Christina Peters, Chief Privacy Officer, IBM Corporation
- JoAnn Stonier, Executive Vice President of Privacy and Information Governance, MasterCard
- Hillary Wandall, Associate Vice President, Compliance and Chief Privacy Officer, Merck
- Jim Koeing, Of Counsel, Paul Hastings
Webinar attendees will get practical tips to adapt to the new era in data privacy. They will learn:
- Circumstances under which Compliance Reviews are initiated by the Department of Commerce
- Details regarding the Privacy Shield Principles and how they differ from those under Safe Harbor
- Cooperation required when EU data protection authorities receive and investigate complaints
- Timeline of the phase-in period Timeframes and processes for responding to data subjects
About Bloomberg BNA
Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance — the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans a full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & data security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/government-and-industry-privacy-leaders-offer-insights-regarding-new-eu-us-privacy-framework-in-complimentary-webinar-march-21-300237777.html
SOURCE Bloomberg BNA