Government Leaders to Share Cyber Security and Security in the Cloud Insights at Gov 2.0 Expo Progress in the Intelligence Community since the Worst Cyber Terrorism Plot Ever in 2006 Among Sessions Taking the Stage at Nation's Capital Event
WASHINGTON, April 29 /PRNewswire/ --
- With the growing sophistication and volume of cyber attacks to critical U.S. infrastructure and the increasing security breaches coming from negligent or malicious insiders, government agencies and industry are working closely to implement the most efficient and effective ways to protecting government's most critical asset – information.
- Co-produced by O'Reilly Media, Inc. and UBM TechWeb, Gov 2.0 Expo will be held in May 25-27, 2010 in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
- Gov 2.0 Expo will gather the most recognized leaders from government and industry to share the latest trends and success stories on security IT, including:
- The U.S. Intelligence Community's Chris Rasmussen, joined by Wired and New York Times Magazine writer, Clive Thompson, Microsoft's Institute for Advanced Technology in Governments director Lewis Shepherd, and former intelligence analyst with the Defense Intelligence Agency Matthew Burton, will discuss lessons learned and progress made in the Intelligence Community since spies pieced together clues to the worst terrorist plot ever back in 2006.
- Defense Intelligence Agency's Steve Willet will share insights on what it takes to make a mashup in the Intelligence Community in the United States.
- Jeff Jonas, IBM Entity Analytics, Price Floyd, Department of Defense, and Carmen Medina, Central Intelligence Agency, will showcase the latest trends and success stories on the intersection of cloud and security.
- Jeffrey Carr, CEO of GreyLogic.us will be joined by Special Agent Andy Bonillo, US Secret Service, Cyber Intelligence Section to lead the session Cyber Self Defense: Who's Targeting Your Department and What You Can Do About It.
- Gov 2.0 Expo homepage: http://www.gov2expo.com
- Full schedule: http://www.gov2expo.com/gov2expo2010/public/schedule/full
- YouTube video on "Gov 2.0, The Platform for Change" by Tim O'Reilly: http://qorv.is/1fb
- Price Floyd interview on O'Reilly Radar http://radar.oreilly.com/2010/04/the-military-goes-social.html
Blog for Gov 2.0 Events:
RSS Feed for Gov 2.0 Events:
O'Reilly Media, Inc. spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly has been a chronicler and catalyst of leading-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption by amplifying "faint signals" from the alpha geeks who are creating the future. An active participant in the technology community, the company has a long history of advocacy, meme-making, and evangelism.
UBM TechWeb, the global leader in technology media and professional information, enables people and organizations to harness the transformative power of technology. Through its three core businesses – media solutions, marketing services and paid content – UBM TechWeb produces the most respected and consumed brands and media applications in the technology market. More than 14 million business and technology professionals actively engage in UBM TechWeb's communities and information resources monthly.
Gov 2.0 Expo, government, Web 2.0, defense, intelligence, cyber terrorism, breach, security, IT, technology
SOURCE UBM TechWeb