Green PolkaDot Box Incorporated Announces Contract with Future Growing LLC. To Provide Living Produce Nationally For 20,000 Member Families
AMERICAN FORK, Utah, May 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Green PolkaDot Box® (OTC: GPDB)-America's premier online membership club for wholesale priced organic and non-GMO natural foods-announced today the company has entered into a purchase and construction agreement with Future Growing LLC, the world leader in vertical farming technologies. GPDB plans to install its first of many "Living Produce™" growing centers in Spring City, Utah.
The Utah farm site, once fully developed, will consist of over 30,000 vertical growing towers. These towers will be capable of producing approximately 1.5 million plants per month, potentially feeding Living Produce™ to up to 40,000 households in Utah.
Rod Smith, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Green PolkaDot Box, stated: "We have been studying and pursuing this amazing technology for a couple of years now, and we are nearing readiness to implement our first large-scale farm in central Utah. Our goal is to have at least 15 vertical growing large-scale farms in operation by the end of 2015.
This expansive footprint will enable distribution of Living Produce to most of our members within one day via Fed Ex Ground shipping."
Tim Blank, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Future Growing LLC, stated: "Green PolkaDot Box's new aeroponic, vertical growing systems from Future Growing® allow the Membership Club to provide the best tasting, highest quality, chemical-free LIVE produce available to its members. With the Future Growing system, GPDB is stepping out of the conventional agriculture box by utilizing a much better way to feed people and reduce the carbon footprint and environmental contamination that modern agriculture is having on the planet. GPDB's state-of-the-art growing facility will utilize a clean purified water source, grow the Living Produce™ vertically in a fraction of the space that a conventional grower would use, and reduce water use up to 95%. This is truly the future of food production."
Smith adds: "We at Green PolkaDot Box® believe that Living Produce through the unique vertical growing systems developed by Mr. Blank and his company, Future Growing, will establish a new, higher standard for non-GMO produce in demand by health-minded consumers for the following reasons:
- Living Plants: In most cases, the produce we are offering is alive and is harvested with the root systems intact. The plants we deliver to our members will remain alive for 7-10 days before they begin to deteriorate and lose essential phytonutrient value.
- Enhanced Food Safety: Because vertical aeroponic growing can take place in greenhouse facilities, we can maintain a sterile growing and handling environment. Unlike organically grown crops in outdoor environments, we can eliminate contaminated soil and water supplies, plant contamination from animal feces, transfer of feces from human picking and handling, airborne pathogens, and over spray of toxic chemicals, fertilizers and pesticides.
- Year-Round Availability: It is our plan to make Living Produce available to all members by this time next year. This year, however, we believe we can supply next day or 2nd day delivery to all residents living in the western U.S. and to most residents living in the eastern U.S.
- Lowest Pricing with FREE Home Delivery: Vertical growing technology facilitates development of beautiful nutrient-dense plants of many pleasing varieties at a very low cost- well below produce available through traditional delivery systems including retail, co-op, CSAs and farmer's markets. Lower production costs will also enable us to include FREE delivery in weekly auto-ship plans for as low as $19.95 per week!
- Less Environmental Impact: Produce growth with vertical technology requires about 1/8th of the land mass normally required for production and only 5% of the water normally required. Vertical growing can occur in almost any outdoor climate using available light, provided that optimal temperatures are maintained. We plan on using geothermal heating and cooling systems wherever possible. Also, because the plants are living when shipped, minimal packaging is required.
- Superior Plant Nutrients: GPDB will be the first distributor of produce to offer and sell to our members "produce by specifications, meaning that members will know, in advance, the typical vitamin and mineral content (specifications) of what they are buying."
About Future Growing® LLC: For the past eight years, Future Growing has been the world leader in vertical aeroponic food farms utilizing patented Tower Garden® technology. With over 100 successful projects across North America, Future Growing® leads the way in the local food growing movement, which has become a permanent mainstream trend in the United States. The Future Growing® team, which is comprised of professional growers, horticulturists, and aeroponic experts, is led by founder and CEO Tim Blank, a hydroponics expert, global speaker, and 12-year veteran with the Walt Disney World Company. For more information on Future Growing LLC, visit http://futuregrowing.com
About Green PolkaDot Box (GPDB): GPDB is America's premier online membership club for organic and non-GMO natural foods at wholesale pricing. It is the only major online store that refuses to carry any products or ingredients containing Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO). GPDB leverages proprietary technology with its dynamic, interactive website and member relationship management software to provide a unique shopping and membership experience. The Company plans to grow membership with individuals and families looking for natural non-GMO products and organic choices for up to a 60% discount off retail prices. For more information on Green PolkaDot Box visit www.greenpolkadotbox.com. You may also view the company's profile by following this link - http://greenstocksrock.com/images/company_links/GPDB_250x100.pdf
To view an interview where the CEO of The Green PolkaDot Box updates its progress, visit the following link- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulHZGRp-0Lg
Safe Harbor Statement: This release includes forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements generally can be identified by phrases such as GPDB or its management "believes," "expects," "anticipates," "foresees," "forecasts," "estimates" or other words or phrases of similar import. Similarly, statements herein that describe the Company's business strategy, outlook, objectives, plans, intentions or goals also are forward-looking statements. All such forward-looking statements are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in forward-looking statements.
Contact: Investors Relations
Premier Media Services, Inc.
SOURCE Green PolkaDot Box Incorporated
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.