AKRON, Ohio, Nov. 30, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Greenleaf Family Center, a non-profit organization strengthening its community through counseling, education and support, joins #GivingTuesday for the first time this year. The money raised will benefit the Teenage Parent Program, a program that provides services for pregnant and parenting teens and their babies. Greenleaf Family Center has set a goal of raising $2,500 during its #GivingTuesday campaign.
About the Teenage Parent Program:
- The Teenage Parent Program serves young moms and dads throughout Summit County
- In 2015, the Teenage Parent Program provided services in 12 local schools
- Young parents are more likely to deliver pre-term and low-birth-weight babies; the program encourages consistent pre-natal care and healthy lifestyles
- Young parents are less likely to complete High School; the Teenage Parent Program provides individual support in meeting educational goals
- All Teenage Parent Program services are free and there are no income guidelines
"We love the staff and coming together with people who understand what we're going through." – Emma, a recent Teenage Parent Program participant
"Being a participant of Greenleaf's Teenage Parent Program has been a wonderful experience for me. [It] is an excellent program and I hope that it continues to help others the way it has helped me." – Shawna, a recent Teenage Parent Program participant
Join the #GivingTuesday movement and support Greenleaf Family Center's Teenage Parent Program today: https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/1319510.
About Giving Tuesday
#GivingTuesday is held annually on the Tuesday following Thanksgiving. This is a global day inspiring people to give back to their local communities and organizations. To learn more, visit http://www.givingtuesday.org.
About Greenleaf Family Center
Greenleaf Family Center is a non-profit social service agency founded in 1912. For more than 100 years, Greenleaf has been committed to strengthening families in the community through counseling, education and support. Through 17 different programs, Greenleaf serves nearly 10,000 individuals annually who face the challenges that arise from a variety of problems including marital problems, teenage parenting, alcohol and drug addictions, financial instability and school behavioral concerns. To learn more, please visit www.greenleafctr.org or https://www.facebook.com/greenleaffamilycenter.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/greenleaf-family-center-launches-first-ever-givingtuesday-campaign-300183383.html
SOURCE Greenleaf Family Center