LONDON, Aug. 3, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
Tuesday, August 16th 3:00 pm BST / 10:00 am EDT
Online, with Complimentary Registration
Dorman Followwill, Senior Partner, Transformational Healthcare, Frost & Sullivan, Unmesh Lal, Program Manager, Transformational Health, Life sciences, Frost & Sullivan, Sanjeev Kumar, Industry Manager, Transformational Health, Life sciences, Frost & Sullivan and guest speakers Chris Chen PhD, CEO, WuXi Bioloigics, Steve Lam, Senior Vice President, Biologics Patheon
The Global Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) Market is undergoing a transformation propelled by the evolving pharmaceutical ecosystem. Changing trends such as the implementation of differentiating business models like the emergence of virtual biotech, out-licensing and risk sharing between pharma and CMOs, pattern shift from cost control to value-added services, new innovative technical capabilities in niche HPAPIs (Highly Potent Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients), etc., are having a significant impact on this market.
Several CMOs are transforming themselves from low-margin to high-margin formulation contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMO) in order to beat the competition, enabled by the growth in outsourced biopharma manufacturing and expanding services into the early stage of drugs. "This shifting industry paradigm is leading to greater opportunities and partnerships for CDMOs from small-mid biotech and virtual pharma companies and the integration of CDMOs into the value chain of these pharmaceutical companies," states Unmesh Lal, Program Manager, Life Sciences, Frost & Sullivan.
The key objectives of this interactive briefing is to analyse the dynamics catalysing growth, investigate emerging technologies, highlight leading edge companies presenting significant growth opportunities and to outline the industry consolidation trends which will continue shaping the future of contract outsourcing.
Questions this briefing will address:
- What are the key challenges the CMOs are likely to face in the near- and long-term future? How can CMOs strategize to overcome these hurdles?
- What growth opportunities exist in the pharmaceutical contract manufacturing industry?
- In what ways is the pharmaceutical contract manufacturing industry likely to change to meet industry trends and dynamics?
- Who are the game-changing companies, and what are the disruptive technologies and business models?
- How should CMOs strategically position their assets with pharma companies?
- To attend the webcast, email Jana Schoeneborn, Corporate Communications, at email@example.com your full contact details.
- Receive a recorded version of the webcast anytime by submitting your contact details.
- For more information about Frost & Sullivan's Transformational Health team, please visit: http://frost.ly/k7.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our "Growth Partnership" supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including: research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation and implementation.
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360 degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector and the investment community. Is your organisation prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics and emerging economies?
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/growth-opportunities-and-disruptive-business-models-emerge-in-the-contract-manufacturing-organisation-market-300308324.html
SOURCE Frost & Sullivan