CHICAGO, Jan. 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- To celebrate the season three premiere of the critically-acclaimed series, "GIRLS," GrubHub Seamless, the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company, teamed up with HBO to offer promotions and match the eating habits of GIRLS' characters with those of GrubHub diners.
In addition to offering promotions, including a video Instagram contest, Free Grub and discount opportunities, GrubHub Seamless and HBO identified the food profiles of America's favorite New York City twenty-somethings by considering personality traits and food moments in the show's first two seasons. When compared to the past year of orders, GrubHub data shows that 48 percent of female diners are best aligned with the food personality of Hannah Horvath, followed by Shoshanna, Marnie and Jessa:
48% of female diners have a food profile similar to Hannah: Hannah is hungry in every sense of the word. Outspoken, creative and opinionated, she tends to crave sweet and salty foods – often together – and enjoys takeout after a night with her friends (Or during. Or before).
- Go-to foods: Cupcakes, brownies, pizza, pasta, pad thai, fried chicken, tamales, pierogis, a single apple per month
- Most likely to: Ask for extra condiments, salt already salty foods, alternate among several credit cards when paying for her order, order extra food for leftovers...even if they don't make it to the next meal
25% of female diners have a food profile similar to Shoshanna: Equal parts girly, quirky and childlike, Shoshanna goes for food that is bite-sized and trendy. She lets herself indulge once in a while, but flogs herself emotionally for days afterwards. She tends to order off the diet menu when ordering takeout.
- Go-to foods: Sushi, cake pops, sliders, smoothies, tapas, cauliflower pizza, vegan muffins, aspartame, iced coffee
- Most likely to: Get distracted mid-bite, share food photos across her social media platforms, give her favorite delivery driver a nickname
20% of female diners have a food profile similar to Marnie: Marnie sets high standards for herself and others. Her diet is heavily moderated and she opts for fresh foods and crunchy vegetables, or anything she reads about in fitness magazines.
- Go-to foods: Salads, pressed juices, steamed vegetables, "low-carb" foods
- Most likely to: Blot her egg white omelet with a napkin, ask for her salad dressing on the side, consider red meat a luxury
7% of female diners have a food profile similar to Jessa: Unconventional, confident and international, Jessa craves exotic foods with lots of spice, color and heat. The more unknown the food is, the more psyched she is to eat it. She wouldn't be caught dead with a chicken finger, but has no problem eating an entire baguette (it's French, you know?).
- Go-to foods: Ethiopian food, Pakistani food, bibimbap, gamey meats, massaman curry, cuttlefish soup
- Most likely to: Eat fork foods with hands, eat finger foods with fork, never order from the same restaurant twice
To better understand the eating habits of female diners, GrubHub Seamless analysts also tracked gender differences in takeout preferences. In addition to being 26 percent more likely to include special instructions in each order, the analysis found that female diners are much more likely than men to order the following foods:
- Seaweed Salad –77 percent more popular with women
- Veggie Burger – 67 percent more popular with women
- Miso Soup – 66 percent more popular with women
- Shrimp Tempura Roll – 63 percent more popular with women
- House Salad – 63 percent more popular with women
- Cucumber Salad – 60 percent more popular with women
- Greek Salad – 60 percent more popular with women
- Tuna Avocado Roll – 60 percent more popular with women
- Garden Salad – 59 percent more popular with women
- Philadelphia Roll – 58 percent more popular with women
About GrubHub Seamless
GrubHub Seamless is the nation's leading online and mobile food-ordering company dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local takeout restaurants. GrubHub Seamless owns a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub (www.grubhub.com), Seamless (www.seamless.com), MenuPages (www.menupages.com) and Allmenus (www.allmenus.com). The organization's free online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners and 4,000+ corporate businesses to order directly from 26,500 takeout restaurants in more than 600 U.S. cities and London, and every order is supported by the organization's 24/7 customer service. GrubHub Seamless is a privately held company with offices in Chicago, New York City, Salt Lake City and London.
Created by and starring Lena Dunham ("Tiny Furniture"), the show is a comic look at the assorted humiliations and rare triumphs of a group of girls in their early 20s. Dunham wrote and directed the pilot of the series, which she executive produces along with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. The cast also includes Jemima Kirke, Allison Williams, Adam Driver and Zosia Mamet. Episodes were shot in New York. The series first debuted on HBO in April of 2012.
SOURCE GrubHub Seamless