Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. Releases Results for the Second Quarter 2013
MEXICO CITY, July 23, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V. (BMV: AEROMEX), the largest global airline in Mexico, today reported its unaudited consolidated results for the second quarter 2013.
- Grupo Aeromexico's revenues reached $9.5 billion pesos in the second quarter of 2013.
- The cost of available seat kilometers (CASK) excluding fuel decreased 2.6% year-over-year in the second quarter, the result of the Company's successful cost containment strategies.
- Second quarter EBITDAR reached $1.975 billion pesos with a 20.8% margin; a 1.4 percentage point increase, year-on-year.
- Grupo Aeromexico reported $747 million pesos in operating income; 15.1% greater than that for the same period in 2012. Operating Margin reached 7.9%; a 1.3 percentage point increase, year-on-year.
- Second quarter net income reached $322 million pesos, with a 3.4% margin. Market value adjustments for the Company's fuel hedging position resulted in a negative impact of $84 million pesos in the quarter.
- During the quarter, Grupo Aeromexico generated net operating cash of $1.316 billion pesos. Fixed asset investments, advance payments for aircraft purchases, security deposits and amortization of debt not associated with aircraft purchases worth $410 million pesos were funded from the aforementioned internally generated cash. The Group's cash balance as of June 30, 2013 was $3.149 billion pesos; $906 million pesos greater than that of the first quarter 2013.
- Grupo Aeromexico retired five aircraft from its fleet in the second quarter 2013, including four Embraer ERJ-145 and one Boeing B727-200, all under lease agreements. The Company also added two Embraer E-175 aircraft to its fleet under operating lease. Grupo Aeromexico's operative fleet consisted of 112 aircraft as of June 30, 2013.
- The Group's On-Time Departure Performance for the January-June 2013 period reached 91.5%, representing a 10.8 percentage point improvement as compared to the same timeframe last year.
To access the full text of this earnings release, please visit our Investor Relations website at: http://www.aeromexico.com/us/investor/
Grupo Aeromexico will hold its second quarter 2013 results conference call on Wednesday, July 24, 2013 at 11:30 am U.S. ET (10:30 am Mexico City Time). The conference call can be accessed by dialing US/International +1 719 325-2426 or Mexico: 001 800-514 5956 and entering Call ID: 6258219.
Safe Harbor Statement
This release contains forward-looking statements regarding the Company's results and business prospects. The readers should know that the results obtained may differ from that stated on this release. Past performances do not guarantee the behavior of future performances. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any of these statements, either as a result of new information, future actions or other related events.
About Grupo Aeromexico
Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. Ltd., is a holding company whose subsidiaries are engaged in commercial aviation in Mexico and the promotion of passenger loyalty programs. It has a fleet of Boeing 777, 767, 737 and the latest models of Embraer 145, 170 and 190. As of 2011, an important expansion plan began that includes the incorporation of 20 new planes and properties over the next 24 months. In 2012, Aeromexico announced that it signed a letter of intent to purchase 100 Boeing aircraft, 90 Boeing 737 MAX and 10 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner, making it the largest investment program in Mexican aviation history.
Grupo Aeromexico operates its main hub out of Terminal 2 in the Mexico City International Airport. The Group's airlines operate more than 600 daily flights to different cities in Mexico, the United States, Canada, Central and South America, as well as Europe and Asia.
Aeromexico is a founding member of SkyTeam, the global airline alliance comprised of the following 19 airlines: Aeroflot, Aerolineas Argentinas, Air Europa, Air France, Alitalia, China Airlines, China Eastern, China Southern, CSA Czech Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Kenya Airways, KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, Korean Air, Middle East Airlines, Saudia, TAROM Romanian Air Transport, Vietnam Airlines and Xiamen Air. SkyTeam offers all partner airline passengers a large global network with more destinations and frequencies, and improved connectivity. Passengers can accrue and redeem miles with the different partners' loyalty programs and enjoy the convenience provided at 525 airport lounges worldwide. SkyTeam offers its 552 million annual passengers more than 15,000 daily flights to 1,000 destinations in 187 countries.
SOURCE Grupo Aeromexico, S.A.B. de C.V.
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.