Half of Hispanics Prefer Entertainment on a Mobile Device, Zpryme Reports
Based on a survey by Zpryme, over half of adult Hispanics (53.0%) prefer to get their entertainment on a mobile device while the remaining 47.0% favor T.V.
AUSTIN, Texas, June 27, 2012 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- Based on a survey by Zpryme, over half of adult Hispanics (53.0%) prefer to get their entertainment on a mobile device while the remaining 47.0% favor T.V. Mobile devices are ubiquitous, particularly with Hispanics. Companies that do not have a well-defined Hispanic mobile strategy are destined to lose out on the most brand-cognizant and more importantly "connected" U.S. demographic. Over the next five years, Hispanics will increasingly influence mobile technology markets in the U.S., and by 2017 Zpryme predicts that one out of every five tablets and smartphones in the U.S. will be purchased by Hispanics.
Like no other group before them, Zpryme's2012 Hispanic Mobile Consumer Trends Study reveals that Hispanics are poised to drive a significant share of the demand for mobile technology in the U.S.
Download Zpryme's2012 Hispanic Mobile Consumer Trends Study at: www.zpryme.com/practices/hispanic-insights
"Hispanics are influencing the way Americans consume mobile; understanding where and how to appeal Hispanics is no longer just about appealing to particular ethnicities, it's quickly becoming key to understanding the mainstream American consumer as well," said Jason Rodriguez , CEO and Director of Research for Zpryme "This study provides more than tables and charts, it's a tool for brands to better understand and engage the impact of cultural factors on Hispanic mobile perceptions and behaviors." Glenn Llopis CEO, Center for Hispanic Leadership echoed similar sentiment to Zpryme, "Hispanic consumers are fast and furious adopters of new technology, especially mobile devices, apps and content. Hispanics want to engage in a mobile experience that empowers them and gives meaning to their authentic voice."
What Hispanic thought leaders voiced to Zpryme in the study about mobile:
"Two things to keep in mind when considering key targets for mobile marketing. First is that Hispanics adopt tech products at a higher rate than the general market. Consequently, they are more likely to have mobile devices and spend significantly more time on them as they connect with family and friends here and in home countries. The second point is one that is a key growth driver. Hispanics of every segment are growing at a faster rate than the general market. That includes adults, kids, teens, men or women. Compare the 15% growth of Hispanic Millennials between 2006 and 2011 to the 1% growth of Non-Hispanic 18-34 year olds. You would rightly conclude that Hispanics are a big part of the mobile market today and tomorrow."
- Roberto Orci , Chair of AHAA and CEO of Acento Advertising"Mobile is the new frontier for marketing to Latinos because Hispanics are not only huge early adopters of technology but virtually all smartphones today – even the cheapest ones - are powerful computers. The age of the iPhone is all about constant connectivity and engagement and that trend plays well to Latinos' natural tendency to be ultra social." - Manny Ruiz , Chairman, Hispanicize
Other findings of note from Zpryme's 2012 Hispanic Mobile Consumer Trends Study include:
- Over half (53.0%) preferred to get their entertainment on a mobile device (laptop/PC, cell phone, or tablet). The remaining 47.0% said they preferred to get their entertainment on their T.V.
- One out of five (19.8%) preferred to access social networks on their smartphone.
- Although 27.4% said they currently used an Android smartphone, 31.3% said their next smartphone purchase would be an iPhone. Only 9.6% said their next smartphone purchase would be an Android.
- Four out of ten (42.0%) said they spend $26 to $100 on their internet purchases.
- When it comes to mobile device brand loyalty, only a small percentage (12.3%) said they would not change mobile device brands for any reason.
This Zpryme study demonstrates companies should not only have an aggressive Hispanic mobile strategy, but also recognize that this group is comprised of many races and nationalities, speak several languages and span the socio-economic spectrum. Irrespective of language or national origin, they share many commercially appealing traits: they are younger, open to new brand opportunities, upwardly mobile, and eager to embrace the "American experience."
About Zpryme Smart Grid Insights
Zpryme's Hispanic Insights practice helps clients better understand and engage this diverse group during all phases of integration. The values and aspirations of Hispanics bind them to each other—and to all other Americans as well. In fact, they are just as influenced by American culture as they are by their countries of origin. So rather than representing a new culture, Hispanics simply reflect a continuation of the American story and character. For more information, visit www.zpryme.com/practices/hispanic-insights
Media Contact: Amy Brizuela Zpryme Research & Consulting, +1 888.977.9631, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE Zpryme Research & Consulting
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.