NEW YORK, Dec. 9, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- In which state are you most likely to receive an expensive gift? Where should you spend the holidays if you're looking for winter romance? Which part of the country sees the biggest baby boom in December?
Cambridge Analytica has a database of demographic, consumer, lifestyle and psychographic data on over 220 million Americans and today launched a website that shows what the holidays have in store for you.
Maryland tops the charts for people on six figures, so holiday spending could be big. Next door in DC you'll find the highest number of extraverted singles, and December brings a birth rate spike for Texas.
"Our Holidata provides an excellent example of Cambridge Analytica's ability to hone in on key consumer trends that marketers can leverage for their own business objectives," said Alexander Nix, CEO of Cambridge Analytica. "With up to 5,000 data points on every individual in our database, we provide unparallelled insights into American consumers and holiday shoppers."
Cambridge Analytica's methodology helps businesses identify the individuals most likely to engage with a product, craft the right message and pinpoint the best channel through which to deliver that message. It has been used across business sectors, from a global magazine searching for new subscribers, to a restaurant group looking to tailor its menus to individual customers.
To view Cambridge Analytica's full Holidata map, please visit: https://holidata.cambridgeanalytica.org
Cambridge Analytica scored each state plus Washington DC as high, medium or low in six festive categories:
- Mistletoe Mischief is based on individual level data on extroverted personality types and the highest numbers of singles who might be looking for a holiday romance.
- Big Spenders uses data on household income to calculate state averages for earnings, identifying where the biggest holiday spenders are most likely to be.
- Super Parents shows the likely level of holiday preparation by parents on the basis of data on conscientious personality types.
- Christmas Miracles shows by state how much more or less likely it is that a baby will be born in December than in the average month.
- Jetsetters uses unique data models based on travel habits and expenditure, giving an insight into where in the US people might opt to spend the holidays away from home.
- White Christmas is based on public data sources on climate and our own data on winter sports.
About Cambridge Analytica:
Cambridge Analytica, the U.S. affiliate of SCL Group, is the market leader in the provision of data analytics and behavioral communications for political campaigns, issue groups and commercial enterprises. With cutting-edge technology, pioneering data science, and 25 years of experience in behavior change, CA provides advertisers with unparalleled insight into their audiences. More information can be found at:https://cambridgeanalytica.org.
North 6th Agency (for Cambridge Analytica)
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/happy-holidata-cambridge-analytica-number-crunches-christmas-300375875.html
SOURCE Cambridge Analytica