MILWAUKEE, March 4, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Harley-Davidson Motor Company is heating up the beginning of the 2014 riding season at the 73rd Annual Daytona Bike Week with new model demo rides and all event activities consolidated into an expanded display.
"It's official. Winter's over and Harley-Davidson is here to welcome everyone to spring and the official kick-off of riding season with a Daytona experience that's bigger, better and at the center of all the action at the Speedway," said Paul James, Harley-Davidson Director of North America Customer Experience. "We're hosting a series of rides, demos and activities that our fans will not want to miss."
The Harley-Davidson display near the Intersection of Midway Avenue and Richard Petty Boulevard will be rocking from Saturday, March 8 to Saturday, March 15, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily. Attendees can download the new free H-D™ mobile event app for the complete Harley-Davidson® Daytona event schedule, maps, detailed information, H.O.G.® experiences, and dealer locator, plus optional push notification updates with the latest info riders need to get the most out of their time at Daytona Bike Week. Search H-D™ Daytona Event on iTunes or GooglePlay to download the app.
Free motorcycle parking and a wide range of activities at the new Harley-Davidson® Bike Week experience include:
- Demo rides featuring 2014 model year Harley-Davidson® motorcycles, including the new Project RUSHMORE touring models, at Daytona International Speedway near the Intersection of Midway Avenue and Richard Petty Boulevard from Saturday, March 8 to Saturday, March 15, 9 a.m. -5 p.m. daily (demo registration closes at 4 p.m. daily).
- The Harley-Davidson display is the center of all the activity, featuring a showcase of Genuine Motor Accessories, Harley-Davidson® MotorClothes® apparel and accessories, the Fit Shop, H-D1 customization, a Women Rider's Area, Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) motorcycle raffle, H-D™ Visa®, special Willie G. and H.O.G.® merchandise, food, beverages, musical entertainment and more.
- A H.O.G.® pin stop at the Speedway and daily gathering at the Rally Point exclusively for H.O.G.® members (and one guest) from 4 p.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, March 8 through Friday, March 14.
- The 8th Annual Muscular Dystrophy Association Women's Ride Tuesday, March 11. Registration starts at the Speedway at 7 a.m., with a 10am departure. Arrival at Destination Daytona at approximately 10:45 a.m.
- The Harley-Davidson Ride-In Custom Bike Show Wednesday, March 12 at the Speedway. Registration is 8 a.m.-11 a.m. with a $15 MDA donation. Trophies will be awarded at 3 p.m. in eight classes.
- Harley-Davidson also will be at Bikers on the Boulevard on Mary McLeod Bethune Boulevard in Daytona Beach March 13-15 from 3 p.m. to 11 p.m.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson® events during Daytona Bike Week, please visit our website at harley-davidson.com/daytona.
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's website at www.h-d.com.
SOURCE Harley-Davidson Motor Company