HCL Continues Expansion in US Through Strategic Focus On Local Hiring, Workforce Training and Development
SUNNYVALE, California and NOIDA, India, May 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
HCL Technologies, a global IT services provider, continues to focus on local hiring and workforce training & development to build a vast talent pool as it expands its presence in the United States, its largest market.
The company has created a distinctive culture of employee-driven innovation to yield excellent business outcomes for both HCL and its customers. This culture, known as 'Ideapreneurship', reflects grassroots innovation that is business-driven and customer-focussed, where employees create value for customers by leveraging the role-based learning curriculum HCL offers, developing innovative solutions and adding value to the strategic IT initiatives of an expanding U.S. client base of Fortune 500 companies.
"AT HCL, we believe in engaging and enabling our employees who epitomize the distinctive and lasting beliefs that form the foundation of what HCL offers," said Anant Gupta, President and CEO, HCL Technologies. "Our vision is to create growth multipliers for clients by empowering our employees to achieve excellence and create differentiated value," he added.
HCL has been conferred with several industry awards in the area of talent incubation and development. Some of these are:-
- Britain's Top Employers for outstanding employee offerings for the seventh consecutive year in recognition of innovative Employees First, Customers Second principles.
- Optimas Award for workforce-management leadership and the Working Across Borders program, an initiative aimed at incubating an inclusive work-culture
- NASSCOM HR Award based on our commitment to being a Socially Responsible Business, demonstrated by our hiring of local talent in Europe and US
- ASTD with the Excellence in Practice Award for the Business Aligned Training Academy Model and Excellence in Practice citations for Project Management Structured Effectiveness Program and scalable, sustainable, business-relevant training
- Anant Gupta, President & CEO, HCL Technologies, has received the 2014 Women's Empowerment Principles Leadership Award - 7 principles for developing and implementing a comprehensive internal and external strategy based on WEP's seven principles for advancing and empowering women in the workplace, marketplace and community
- Bersin & Associates with the What Works Award for Technical Academy for Competency Enhancement as well as the ET Now Talent & HR Leadership Awards for Most Innovative Talent Management Program/Initiative (PMStEP); Learning & Talent Initiative Excellence (TechACE); Learning & Talent Technology Excellence (iLearn, our learning management platform)
- "Global Sustainability Leadership Awards" under the category "Best Community Action" at the World CSR Congress. The award recognizes Best Practices & Outstanding Individuals engaged in Corporate and Social Responsibility.
- Six prestigious awards at the Global Talent Acquisition and Recruiting and Staffing Best in Class (RASBIC) Awards for "Best Overall Recruiting and Staffing Organization of the Year", "Innovation in Recruitment", "Most Innovative Recruiting and Staffing Program", "Best Use of Technology for Recruiting," "Best Social Networking Recruitment Effort" and "Best B School Recruiting Program".
HCL continues to grow its operations, employee base and customer relationships across the United States. During the quarter ended March 31st 2014, HCL America contributed 55.4 percent of HCL's global revenues and grew 11 percent Year on Year.
SOURCE HCL Technologies Ltd