COLUMBIA, Md., Nov. 25 /PRNewswire/ -- iBiquity Digital Corporation, the developer of digital HD Radio(TM) Technology for AM and FM audio and data broadcasting, today highlighted a bevy of HD Radio receivers that are guaranteed to wow consumers from the most tech-savvy to the electronically-challenged. To capitalize, retailers like Best Buy, Costco, Crutchfield and RadioShack are providing door-buster deals, prominent in-store signage, radio campaigns and other promotions starting from Black Friday through December.
"2009 ushered in an exciting new era for HD Radio Technology, with expansion into portable products and dramatically lower price points," said Bob Struble, President and CEO of iBiquity Digital Corporation. "This holiday season, with prices as low as $49, there is a great HD Radio gift idea for everyone's wish list. Watch as well for special sales and offers from retailers during November and December."
Promotions & Consumer-Friendly Price Points
HD Radio retailers and manufacturers have exciting offers planned for the holiday season. Mr. Struble added that "with the backing of these strong partners, HD Radio receivers are poised to be a hit. New portable products and advanced services such as our HD Radio application for the iPhone and iPod touch make the technology even more attractive."
HD Radio holiday promotions include:
- Microsoft is continuing its Zune HD co-marketing radio campaign across the top 100 U.S. broadcast markets. Five HD Radio spots are running concurrently and promote Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart.
- Best Buy will merchandise the Insignia NS-HD01 portable armband radio in two prime in-store locations: the front "gift area" and on portable radio in-line displays. Additionally, special promotions will be offered throughout the holiday season.
- RadioShack has plans to run a one day special on Cyber Monday (the Monday after Black Friday) for the new Gigaware Navigation Control HD Radio Receiver accessory.. The electronics retailer will also display window banners in stores across the country during the first week of December, as well as in-store visual merchandising.
- Costco is currently providing a $20 rebate on the TEAC HD1, taking the price point down to $79.99, from $99.99, through the end of November..
- Crutchfield is running a special program designed to support multiple brands of HD Radio hide-a-way receivers; which when paired with a matching in-dash head unit, enable that head unit to receive HD Radio broadcasts and perform iTunes Tagging.
Portable HD Radio Technology Ready for the Holiday
- Since July of this year, major brands have rapidly introduced portable HD Radio receivers, priming the pump for stepped up Holiday Shopping sales volumes:
- Insignia NS-HD01 - Best Buy unveiled the first portable HD Radio player priced under $50. The NS-HD01 is available to Best Buy retail stores and online at BestBuy.com.
- Zune HD - Microsoft's next-generation portable multimedia player, Zune HD, is available in 16GB capacity for an MSRP of $219.99 and 32GB capacity for $289.99 in five different colors, and can be found at Amazon.com, Best Buy, Walmart and Microsoft.
- Gigaware Navigation Control HD Radio Receiver accessory - The accessory, coupled with an HD Radio application, brings HD Radio Technology capabilities to the iPhone and iPod touch. It's available for an MSRP of $79.99 and sold exclusively at RadioShack.
Wide Range of Additional Product Categories from Leading Manufacturers
Below is a sampling of some of the other exciting HD Radio products for the holiday season:
- Hot auto aftermarket products for this holiday season include the JVC KD-HDR20, the JVC KD-HDR50, and the Kenwood 942u; all currently available at retailers nationwide.
- Home docking systems and tabletops include a number of different receiver styles and price-points: The Sony XDR-S10HDiP iPod Dock featuring iTunes Tagging, available nationwide at fine retailers, including Best Buy; the Gigaware 12-551 iPod Dock with iTunes Tagging for $99 at Radio Shack, and the TEAC HD1 for $99 at Costco, also featuring iTunes Tagging.
- High End home audio product options for the audiophile are available from more brands and more price points than ever. Examples include, the Yamaha RX-V1065, RX-V2065; the Denon AVR-3310CI, AVR-4310CI, AVR-4810CI, and other products from ADA, Niles, Sangean, and Onkyo.
For a full list of receivers, promotions, and other HD Radio Technology information, please visit www.hdradio.com.
iBiquity Digital Corporation is the developer of HD Radio(TM) technology, which is fueling the digital radio revolution in the United States and around the world. The digital technology enables broadcasters to offer new FM channels through multicasting, crystal-clear sound and data services on both the AM and FM bands - all free, with no subscription fee. Leading broadcasters, consumer electronics manufacturers, automakers and retailers are committed to HD Radio technology. iBiquity Digital is a privately held company with operations in Columbia, MD, Auburn Hills, MI, and Basking Ridge, NJ. For more information, please visit http://www.hdradio.com and http://www.ibiquity.com.
To arrange interviews or for additional information, please contact: Sharon Oh / Jo Anne Barrameda Brainerd Communicators, Inc. 212-986-6667 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Note: "HD Radio(TM)" and the HD Radio logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The "HD" in HD Radio(TM) is part of iBiquity Digital's brand name for its advanced digital AM/FM system. It does not mean hybrid digital or high-definition digital; both of these are incorrect.
SOURCE iBiquity Digital Corporation