Hertz Takes Top Spot In 2013/14 Zagat Car Rental Survey CEO Frissora Praises Technology for Recent Accolade
PARK RIDGE, N.J., June 25, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Hertz Corporation (NYSE: HTZ), the world's largest general use car rental brand, was #1 Top Rated Overall and Most Popular Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 Car Rental Survey. The Zagat Car Rental Survey was conducted among a national sample of Zagat.com registered users, who were asked to rate a total of eight U.S.-based rental companies in various categories. In addition to winning tops overall and Most Popular, Hertz was also #1 Top Rated in Service, Reliability and Vehicles, and earned honors in 10 additional categories (see complete list of wins below), more than any other car rental company included in the survey.
"It is an honor to once again win Top Rated Overall Car Rental Company and earn top marks in an additional 10 categories in this year's Zagat's Car Rental Survey," commented Mark P. Frissora, Hertz Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Zagat and its savvy surveyors are known for recognizing a quality travel experience, and topping their lists once again is a testament to our continued focus on providing the fastest and easiest car rental experience in the industry. By harnessing technology, highlighted in our recent wins, Hertz is able to provide a superior level of service that is unrivaled in the industry."
In addition to earning Top Rated Overall, Most Popular Car Rental Company, and receiving #1 rankings in Service, Reliability and Vehicles, Hertz was voted the 'best' in the following categories:
- Best for Business Travel
- Best for Leisure Travel
- Best Counter Staff
- Best (Self-Service) Kiosk Experience
- Best Loyalty Program
- Best Green Options
- Best for Airport Rentals
- Best Car Return Experience
- Best Shuttle Service
- Best Website
Started in 1979, Zagat is a leading provider of consumer survey-based information. With ratings and reviews based on a worldwide network of surveyors, Zagat has become the trusted source to help consumers make informed decisions about restaurants, hotels and other leisure activities. Zagat surveyors are frequent, knowledgeable consumers in each of the categories they rate.
Hertz is committed to providing its customers speed, ease and value with technological innovations and personalized service. "Traveling at the Speed of Hertz" offers a variety of unique customer enhancements, which include:
- Carfirmation: Hertz's mobile email/SMS text service – Mobile Gold Alerts -- that confirm a Gold customer's reservation and advises them of their car location.
- Carfirmation Upgrade: Hertz Carfirmations also shows other available cars and upgrades and lets members select the one they want – all on their mobile device in three simple steps.
- Choose Control: Hertz Gold Choice gives the customer the power to keep the car they reserved or simply choose another, something no other car rental brand offers.
- Zap Technology: Hertz's Gold enrollment and e-Return is the fastest way to get customers in their cars and when they return, back on their way home. Hertz will email the customer's receipt in a flash.
- Acceler-Rental: Hertz is the first car rental company to now offer both airport and neighborhood location customers the ability to rent cars through a live face-to-face video kiosk with Hertz ExpressRent™ kiosks.
- Mobile Apps: As consumers are looking to mobile technologies as a way to take back control of their travel experience, from on-the-go bookings to instant upgrades.
- Hertz Mobile App: Book, modify and search car rental reservations, find locations, and browse special deals and offers all from the palm of your hand.
- Hertz NeverLost My Explore App: Users can plan their itinerary and navigate popular cities all on their smart phone and import it into a calendar or to the award-winning Hertz NeverLost® GPS.
About The Hertz Corporation
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty brands from approximately 10,400 corporate, licensee and franchisee locations in North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and New Zealand. Hertz is the largest worldwide airport general use car rental brand, operating from approximately 8,800 corporate and licensee locations in approximately 150 countries. Hertz is the number one airport car rental brand in the U.S. and at 111 major airports in Europe. Dollar and Thrifty have approximately 1,580 corporate and franchisee locations in approximately 80 countries. Hertz is an inaugural member of Travel + Leisure's World's Best Awards Hall of Fame and was recently named, for the thirteenth time, by the magazine's readers as the Best Car Rental Agency. Hertz was also voted the Best Overall Car Rental Company in Zagat's 2013/14 U.S. Car Rental Survey, earning top honors in 10 additional categories, and the Company swept the global awards for Best Rewards Program and Best Overall Benefits from FlyerTalk.com. Product and services such as Hertz Gold Plus Rewards, NeverLost®, and unique cars and SUVs offered through the Company's Adrenaline, Prestige and Green Traveler Collections, set Hertz apart from the competition. Additionally, Hertz owns the vehicle leasing and fleet management leader Donlen Corporation and operates the Hertz On Demand car sharing business. The Company also owns a leading North American equipment rental business, Hertz Equipment Rental Corporation, which includes Hertz Entertainment Services.
To make car rental reservations or for more information, customers can call their travel agent, or call Hertz toll-free at 1-800-654-3001. Information and reservations are also available on the web at www.hertz.com.
SOURCE The Hertz Corporation