HH (Honghua) Showcases Offshore and Land Drilling Technology along with Shale Gas Solutions at 2014 Offshore Technology Conference
HOUSTON, May 5, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- HH (Honghua) Group Ltd., the largest exporter of drilling rigs in China, today announced that it has signed a three-year memorandum of understanding with GE. Under the agreement, GE will supply its Waukesha VHP gas engines to power drilling rigs used in new shale gas projects in China.
The agreement is the latest example of HH's focus on delivering reliable, low-cost and high-efficiency solutions. The company will demonstrate multiple solutions for bi-fuel motors, offshore drilling system and offshore platform construction, land drilling system as well as shale gas exploration at the 2014 Offshore Technology Conference in Houston, May 5-8.
- Bi-fuel motors - The Waukesha VHP Engines will be fueled by on-site field gas or with commercial grade gas to generate 2.8 to 3 megawatts of on-site power. By this way, drilling rig operators will be able to reduce their fuel transportation costs and optimize the availability of the rigs.
- Offshore Drilling System - HH's TIGER Series is an affordable and easy-to-use solution for offshore drilling. The Quintuplex Pump Set used in the rig is capable of supporting large emissions and smooth flow rate without a discharge airbag.
- Offshore Platform Construction - HH's mobile crane, Honghai, has a 22,000-ton lifting capacity which allows HH's offshore platform construction yard to produce 6 to 10 platforms simultaneously. As such, the construction time will be largely reduced and the profitability will be significantly improved.
- Land Drilling System - Several pieces of high-efficiency equipment are included in the system. The 1500HP Beyond Drilling Rig is a fully automated, unmanned operation centralized through the driller control room. The Light Triplex Pump Set has a much bigger maximum displacement and much lighter weight than traditional pumps. The Top Drive adopts a structure of mechanical-electrical integration, while the motor drives the main shaft directly. The simple structure results in low failure rate and low maintenance.
- Shale Gas Exploration - HH offers a total extraction concept that integrates several methods into one solution. HH's 6000-horsepower hydraulic fracturing pump is the world's most powerful fracturing pump. Its electric, frequency conversion technology allows for greater gas emissions and continuous high-power operations. The flexible water tank addresses the issues of land use, water recycling and environmental protection.
SOURCE HH (Honghua) Group Limited