Hickory Farms Is Poised for a Strong 2013 Holiday Season
Company takes bold steps to capitalize on positive retail sales indicators
TOLEDO, Ohio, Dec. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hickory Farms, the specialty food and holiday gift retailer based in Toledo, Ohio, has announced a number of steps the company is taking to enhance customer experience and support demand this holiday season including new retail stores, the introduction of an artisanal gift collection, and a marketing campaign, Share the Tradition, which pays homage to the millions of families who enjoy Hickory Farms each year with their family and friends.
With early indicators suggesting 2013 will see the first increase in the number of gifts families expect to give since 2007*, the company has added 14 new Holiday Market stores in new markets, select military bases, and at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
"We know our customers have less and less time to get everything done," said Hickory Farms CEO, Mark S. Rodriguez. "Increasing our retail footprint, making it easier for them to shop, and continuously investing in quality improvements are all steps we've taken to better serve our customers."
Additionally, Hickory Farms is introducing the following new products and updates:
- Hickory Farms Reserve: A new collection of artisanal food products featuring premium Dry Aged Salami and eight all-natural cheeses handcrafted by gold medal award-winning cheese masters.
- Redesigned Retail Shopping Experience: All Holiday Market stores have been re-organized to provide an easier and faster, shopping experience.
- Website: The new HickoryFarms.com site was launched in October and has faster page load times, is easier to navigate, and has improved search and checkout functions. Fans can shop on-the-go with the site's mobile and tablet-friendly design.
- Sweepstakes: Running through Christmas Eve, fans can play Hickory Farms' Holiday Hunt Sweepstakes for a chance to win one of six daily instant prizes and be entered to win a $2,500 Visa® Gift Card. Consumers can visit the Hickory Farms Facebook page daily to find the clue for that day's instant prize, which they will find on HickoryFarms.com.
- Giving Back: Since 2008, Hickory Farms has been a proud partner of Share Our Strength's No Kid Hungry® campaign. This year, the company hopes to cross the $3,000,000 mark for total donations. For every Party Planner Gift Box sold, Hickory Farms will make a $5.00 donation through December 24**. Customers can also make additional donations at checkout.
About Hickory Farms
Hickory Farms is a leading provider of specialty foods and holiday food gifts. Since 1951, millions of North American customers continue to choose Hickory Farms' savory sausages, favorite cheeses and other gourmet foods for their loved ones each holiday season. The company's signature products and eco-friendly gift boxes can be found online, in catalogs, in leading supermarkets and in retail shopping centers throughout the holiday season. For more information, please visit http://www.hickoryfarms.com.
*Deloitte's 28th annual survey of holiday spending intentions and trends.
**Up to $500,000 through 12/24/2013
SOURCE Hickory Farms
More by this Source
Hickory Farms And Brand Licensing Team Enter Licensing Partnership
Jan 15, 2014, 09:00 ET
Hickory Farms Offers New Artisanal Gifts for 2013 Holiday Season
Nov 21, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.