Hidden Valley® Ranch Introduces "The New Ketchup"
America's Best-Selling Salad Dressing Seeks America's Favorite Condiment Status, As Well
OAKLAND, Calif., April 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Somewhere, a plate of French fries is smiling today.
The makers of Hidden Valley® Ranch dressing have introduced "The New Ketchup" – Hidden Valley® for Everything Topping & Dip. The new product keeps the same taste as the traditional salad dressing, but has a creamier, thicker texture that is ideal for use on a wide variety of foods and snacks – from burgers and fries to pizza and chicken wings.
"The bottle may say salad dressing, but Americans put Hidden Valley Ranch on all types of food," said Jon Balousek, general manager of Hidden Valley® Foods. "Now, we are creating a Hidden Valley product that is perfect for just that purpose. This thicker, creamier ranch is ideal for spreading on burgers, dipping French fries or just about any other place where people turn to ketchup and other condiments."
The new line comes as ranch dressing continues to assert itself as one of America's favorite tastes. In addition to being the most frequently used dressing on salads – ranch dressing is used on one-third of salads according to 2011 statistics from NPD – ranch dressing is increasingly finding a role on other foods. In fact, according to 2011 research from NPD, more than 30 percent of ranch use is outside of salads, with chicken, potatoes (including French fries), pizza and sandwiches among the top uses.
The new Hidden Valley for Everything line includes Original Ranch®, which offers the same great flavor as Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® salad dressing but with a thicker consistency, and Salsa Ranch, which provides the touch of spice that many people love on hamburgers and fries.
To help Americans expand their snack and meal repertoire, the Hidden Valley® Team suggests the following pairings for the new Topping & Dip products:
- Put Down the Parmesan. Try topping your favorite pizza with the Original Ranch flavor for a delicious twist.
- Step Aside Sour Cream. Swap Salsa Ranch for the typical sour cream, salsa and guacamole that accompany quesadillas and nachos. Baked potatoes taste great with a dollop and you only need one topping.
- Barbecue's Best Kept Secret. The thicker, spreadable consistency of the new Topping & Dip is the perfect accompaniment to your burgers and fries, replace ketchup and barbecue sauce next time you grill out.
- Appetizer Aid. No time to make a fancy baked dip? Pull out your favorite Topping & Dip flavor and whatever veggies you have on hand for a quick and simple spread.
- Chase Blues Away. Swap bleu cheese dressing as your favorite chicken wing dunker.
The suggested retail price for the new dressings is $4.39 for the 20 oz. size and $3.19 for the 12 oz. variety. It will be available in spring 2012 at retailers nationwide.
- Find recipes and more: http://www.hiddenvalley.com
- Find Hidden Valley® on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/hiddenvalley
- Follow Hidden Valley® on Twitter: http://twitter.com/hvranch
About Hidden Valley®
The HV Food Products Company is a subsidiary of The Clorox Company, headquartered in Oakland, Calif. The Clorox Company is a leading manufacturer and marketer of consumer products with 8,100 employees and fiscal year 2011 revenues of $5.2 billion. Clorox markets some of consumers' most trusted and recognized brand names, including its namesake bleach and cleaning products, Green Works® naturally derived home care products, Pine-Sol® cleaners, Poett® home care products, Fresh Step® cat litter, Kingsford® charcoal, Hidden Valley® and K C Masterpiece® dressings and sauces, Brita® water-filtration products, Glad® bags, wraps and containers, and Burt's Bees® natural personal care products. Nearly 90 percent of Clorox Company brands hold the No. 1 or No. 2 market share positions in their categories. The company's products are manufactured in more than two dozen countries and marketed in more than 100 countries. Clorox is committed to making a positive difference in the communities where its employees work and live. Founded in 1980, The Clorox Company Foundation has awarded cash grants totaling more than $84 million to nonprofit organizations, schools and colleges. In fiscal year 2011 alone, the foundation awarded $4 million in cash grants, and Clorox made product donations valued at $13 million. For more information about Clorox, visit www.TheCloroxCompany.com.
Bridget Starkey, Current
SOURCE Hidden Valley
More by this Source
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.