LONDON, May 18, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- The 6th edition of the 'Higher Education and Student Accommodation Market Report – UK 2016-2020 Analysis' identifies construction activity in this growing sector and reviews capital funding, maintenance issues, demand/supply of student accommodation, key contractors and consortia in both the universities/colleges and student accommodation sectors.
Key sections covered:
• Review of university capital funding – budgets, plans, key universities, alternative funding sources.
• Detailed analysis of types of accommodation within the student housing market - including current supply in university halls, commercial and private accommodation.
• Key potential growth areas.
• Key operators, contractors/consortia.
Key areas of insight include:
• Impact of higher tuition fees - demand for places / student accommodation, review of ownership and maintenance requirements of student halls - alternative funding options for universities upgrading residential/non-residential facilities etc.
• Review of capital funding in HE system, university capital building programmes.
• Supply-demand imbalance of purpose built student accommodation (PBSA) driven by rising student numbers - problems of under-supply in many university towns – shift in balance towards higher standards of accommodation.
• Analysis of university estate and infrastructure backlog, and overview of leading construction contractors operating in the higher education sector.
• Partnership models between investors, developers and operators of PBSA with universities to upgrade/replace existing stock. Growth of private sector to upgrade and develop accommodation – transfer of ownership / outsourcing functions to the private sector.
• Market shares, portfolios and future development pipelines of key 25 commercial operators and investment funds in PBSA market – new market entrants.
• Analysis of developer activity within PBSA market including current supply of accommodation, factors affecting market and forecasts of future PBSA development pipeline, key growth opportunities.
OVERVIEW OF UK HIGHER EDUCATION SECTOR
• Brief overview of higher education system in the UK including types of University and the impact of new universities on infrastructure development.
• Growth in student numbers 2008-15, recent trends/future prospects, increase of overseas students, impact of higher tuition fees – numbers still rising.
• Value of total university funding in the UK to 2015/16 - Higher Education Funding for England, Wales and Scotland to 2015.
• Overview of higher education capital investment to 2014-15, Capital grants up to 2014 – total and for top 10 universities in England and Scotland.
• Impact of funding cuts on university infrastructure development – alternative funding sources, review of ownership and maintenance requirements of their student halls. Other sources of income – Charitable Trusts, Endowment Funds, Bond Markets.
HIGHER EDUCATION CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY & KEY CONTRACTORS
• Analysis of construction output in the higher education sector.
• HE Capital Spending, top 15 University capital grants 2015/16.
• University Estate – Top 40 universities – number of buildings, floor area, capital expenditure – all split by residential and non-residential.
• Examples of university capital building programmes, impact of spending cuts, procurement of capital building projects in the HE sector – partnerships, University Enterprise Zones.
• Higher Education / Student Accommodation Contractors and Consortia – Top 20 key players, projects/pipelines in 2015, sector experience etc.
OVERVIEW OF UK STUDENT ACCOMMODATION MARKET
• Mix of student accommodation – bedspaces 2010-2020, mix by type 2015/16 - university owned/operated, commercial / PBSA halls, private shared houses. Current supply of student accommodation at leading UK universities including share/volume mix of types of accommodation – average rents, outsourcing etc.
• Impact of rising student numbers /international students (a key market) on university accommodation –demand continues to grow and outstrip supply.
• Regional analysis of student accommodation market – level of provision at Top 30 universities, share taken by PBSA, opportunities, key growth areas etc.
• London student accommodation market – rising student numbers and planning restrictions affecting development activity in some central areas, development pipeline. Key players.
• Factors affecting student accommodation market – impact of rising student rents, overseas students, switch to higher spec. accommodation, student accommodation investment funds.
• Market shares of leading 35 commercial operators of accommodation including developers, housing associations etc - analysis of portfolios and forward development pipelines.
• Leading investment funds – key players - portfolios, fund values, impact on market.
• Future supply 2016-18, analysis of future PBSA development pipeline both in London and nationally, market prospects, key growth areas, new market entrants.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3786355/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/higher-education-and-student-accomodation-sector-report---uk-2016-2020-analysis-300271255.html