SAN FRANCISCO, March 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Practice Fusion, the largest doctor-patient community in the country, celebrates its partnership with over 200 clinical laboratories nationwide this week at the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society Annual Meeting (HIMSS) in New Orleans, March 3-7. Practice Fusion has made it easy for labs to rapidly connect to physicians with an application programming interface (API) that allows labs to connect to tens of thousands of physicians using Practice Fusion with a single, secure connection. There has been increasing momentum for this level of rapid connectivity since the passage of the 2009 American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) which enabled physicians transitioning to EMRs to attest for Meaningful Use incentives.
"Since Practice Fusion launched its lab API last May, our lab community has nearly tripled in size," said Todd Martin, Senior Vice President of Business Development at Practice Fusion. "In order to stay competitive, labs are looking for a fast and efficient way to connect their service directly to the tens of thousands of medical professionals on our platform. Practice Fusion's innovative technology paves the way for the entire healthcare ecosystem to do more with less."
- In 2012, Practice Fusion processed more than 5 million lab requisitions through its EMR platform. Approximately 10 billion laboratory tests are performed in the United States each year
- To date, over 2.2 million lipid panels, 800,000 A1c hemoglobin panels and 300,000 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D panels have been processed through Practice Fusion
- Practice Fusion is adding between 10 and 20 new lab partners each month
- Practice Fusion's EMR platform is trending toward one million requisitions a month, with 675,000 processed in January 2013 alone
- Practice Fusion provides medical practices with lab connections of their choice and unlimited support, all at no cost to the practice
- Read about one lab's experience with Practice Fusion in Clinical Lab Products Magazine
Heading to HIMSS?
Practice Fusion will be exhibiting at HIMSS 2013, the annual conference dedicated to leadership and innovation in health IT. Demos of the free EMR, future mobile and data capabilities are available at booth #7417. Labs interested in connecting to Practice Fusion should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Physicians interested in signing up for the free EMR should visit www.practicefusion.com.
About Practice Fusion
Practice Fusion provides a free, web-based EHR system to physicians. With medical charting, scheduling, e-prescribing (eRx), lab integrations, referral letters, Meaningful Use certification, unlimited support and a Personal Health Record for patients, Practice Fusion's EMR software addresses the complex needs of today's healthcare providers and disrupts the health IT status quo. Practice Fusion is the largest doctor patient community in the US. The company closed a $34 million Series C financing led by Artis Ventures in June 2012. For more information about Practice Fusion, please visit www.practicefusion.com
CONTACT: Stephanie Schlegel, 1-415-346-7700, email@example.com
SOURCE Practice Fusion