Honeywell Propels Embraer Legacy 500 Into Service Customized technology from Honeywell sets a new standard for comfort in the midsize business jet market with the latest offerings for crew and passengers
PHOENIX, Aug. 12, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A number of Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON) products contributed to the certification of Embraer's newest midsize jet, the Legacy 500, setting a new standard for comfort and reliability in business aviation. Aligned with Embraer's vision, Honeywell's technologies on the Legacy 500 are designed for the highest standards of customer comfort and come complete with the most advanced cabin and propulsion technologies. Honeywell provides the turbofan engines, auxiliary power unit (APU), Ovation Select Cabin Management System, cabin pressure control system and air conditioning system for Embraer's latest midsize jet.
"The Legacy 500 offers a new level in comfortable business travel, and we've been fortunate enough to work with Embraer and its customers from the beginning to deliver a truly customized and modern flight experience," said Benjamin Driggs, president, Honeywell Brazil. "The connectivity delivered by Ovation Select and reliability inherent in the HTF7500E engines and the new APU are going to make the Legacy 500 a productivity tool that customers won't want to live without."
Honeywell's latest member of the HTF7000 engine family, the HTF7500E, was developed specifically for the Legacy 500 and offers the latest technology to reduce the Legacy 500's NOx emissions to 29 percent less than Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection standards. The HTF7000 series to date has flown 2 million flight hours with a dispatch reliability of greater than 99.9 percent.
The Legacy 500's excellent cabin connectivity and in-flight entertainment help support productivity and enable passengers to control cabin temperature and televisions.
"Honeywell's technology has helped the Legacy 500 redefine customer comfort," said Luciano Castro, vice president Programs, Embraer Executive Jets. "The reliability of the engines and the capabilities of the cabin management and environmental control systems also set new standards for providing value to operators."
Honeywell Products on the Legacy 500
- The HTF7500E turbofan engine delivers an optimal balance of performance and value with low maintenance costs and high reliability for today's business jet operators. The HTF7500E uses Honeywell's Single Annular Combustor for Emissions Reduction (SABER) technology to reduce the Legacy 500's NOx emissions to 29 percent less than Committee on Aviation Environmental Protection standards, with ample margin for CO, unburned hydrocarbons and smoke emissions. The HTF7500E's efficient engine design further reduces CO2 emissions while lowering aircraft operating costs through reduced fuel consumption.
- The 36-150EMB APU and starter-generator are integrated systems that supply pneumatic and electric power for the aircraft while on the ground and in flight. Featuring a ported shroud design, the 36-150EMB APU has 10 percent more flow and pressure than previous models for faster, cooler starting of the main engine and runs at a lower load point to reduce fuel burn and improve reliability.
- The Ovation Select Cabin Management System provides passengers with state-of-the-art connectivity for work and leisure via their smartphone, tablet or installed remote controls. Through an intuitive interface that integrates high-definition screens, remote controls and other electronics developed for the ultimate passenger experience, Honeywell's Ovation Select enables passengers to stay informed and connected with their business operations while traveling. In addition to controlling the system's entertainment and productivity components, Ovation Select also puts lighting, seats, temperature and galley controls at the passengers' fingertips.
- The air conditioning system, cabin pressure control system, supplemental cooling system and ventilation system are all part of the integrated environmental control system (ECS). Through a holistic approach, Honeywell is able to provide a more comfortable experience for passengers by minimizing changes in the cabin environment and reducing the workload for the crew. The Honeywell ECS is the highest efficiency, lowest weight solution in the industry, providing the Legacy 500 with reduced fuel consumption.
- Read more about Honeywell systems for Embraer executive jets
- Read more about Embraer executive jets
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace and its technology for business aviation
- Read more on our Follow the Aero blog
- Visit Honeywell Facebook
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Honeywell Aerospace products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft, and its turbochargers are used by nearly every automaker and truck manufacturer around the world. The Aerospace business unit develops innovative solutions for more fuel efficient automobiles and airplanes, more direct and on-time flights, safer flying and runway traffic, along with aircraft engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity services, logistics and more. The business delivers safer, faster, and more efficient and comfortable transportation-related experiences worldwide. For more information, visit www.honeywell.com or follow us at @Honeywell_Aero and @Honeywell_Turbo.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2014 Honeywell.