Honeywell Supports China Eastern Airlines In Increasing The Safety And Efficiency Of Its Fleet
With Honeywell avionics, wheels and carbon brake systems, China Eastern Airlines continues its investment in innovative aircraft technology
SHANGHAI, Feb. 26, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell Aerospace (NYSE: HON) has extended its strategic partnership with China Eastern Airlines, signing several agreements to increase the safety, efficiency and performance of its growing fleet of aircraft. Through these agreements, Honeywell will provide a range of avionics products for 58 new Boeing 737NG aircraft, scheduled to be delivered over the next five years. Honeywell will also provide wheels and brakes for 15 new Airbus A330 aircraft. This would bring the total number of Airbus A330 aircraft in China Eastern Airlines' fleet equipped with Honeywell wheels and brakes to 51 by 2015.
The Honeywell avionics products that will be installed on China Eastern's new Boeing 737NG aircraft include:
- IntuVue 3-D Weather Radar, the industry's most advanced weather radar, provides flight crews with intuitive displays of weather from 0 to 60,000 feet and up to 320 nautical miles away. This technology has been proven to save fuel by avoiding unnecessary diversions. In addition, a new upgrade is available, which predicts lightning and hail in a storm cell and allows the pilot to reroute, increasing passenger safety and preventing potential costly damage to the aircraft.
- Traffic Alert and Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), which provides SmartTraffic features, allowing airlines to accurately and safely navigate congested areas through a more intuitive and informative display of traffic. Using unique features to keep aircraft separated both over land and oceanic routes, it directly contributes to fuel savings.
- Enhanced Ground Proximity Warning System (EGPWS) uses the industry's most accurate worldwide terrain database to predict potential conflicts between the aircraft's flight path and terrain or obstacles. New software upgrades available for download address runway excursions and incursions, the aviation industry's most common cause of accidents at or near the airport.
With these avionics installations, China Eastern Airlines will have an advanced 737NG platform that enables flight crews to maximize safety and comfort for their passengers while reducing costs, fuel burn and carbon emissions during flight.
China Eastern Airlines has also chosen Honeywell's proven aircraft landing systems for its fleet of Airbus A330 aircraft. The agreement will provide a comprehensive suite of unique aftermarket repair and maintenance programs for the braking systems through Honeywell's joint venture with China Eastern Airlines and backed by Honeywell's award-winning engineering and customer and product support network.
Designed to meet the increasing performance requirements of modern aircraft, Honeywell's carbon heat-sink materials, titanium braking components and patented antioxidant protection enhance brake durability and reliability to improve the landing performance and service life of aircraft landing systems through lower weight and with lower total cost of ownership.
- Briand Greer, President of Aerospace Asia Pacific, Honeywell Aerospace
"As passenger travel in China continues to grow at a rapid pace, carriers have recognized the need for aircraft technology that maximizes the safety, capacity and efficiency of their fleets. Honeywell is helping China Eastern ensure it is well-equipped with next-generation technology to support its growth in the marketplace."
- About China Eastern Airlines
- Read more about Honeywell Aerospace
- Follow @Honeywell_Aero on Twitter
- Subscribe to Honeywell's Corporate RSS feed
Based in Phoenix, Arizona, Honeywell's aerospace business is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation, military, space and airport operations.
Honeywell (www.honeywell.com) is a Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader, serving customers worldwide with aerospace products and services; control technologies for buildings, homes and industry; turbochargers; and performance materials. Based in Morris Township, N.J., Honeywell's shares are traded on the New York, London, and Chicago Stock Exchanges. For more news and information on Honeywell, please visit www.honeywellnow.com.
Honeywell and the Honeywell logo are the exclusive properties of Honeywell, are registered with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and may be registered or pending registration in other countries. All other Honeywell product names, technology names, trademarks, service marks, and logos may be registered or pending registration in the U.S. or in other countries. All other trademarks or registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Copyright 2013 Honeywell.
This release contains certain statements that may be deemed "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, that address activities, events or developments that we or our management intends, expects, projects, believes or anticipates will or may occur in the future are forward-looking statements. Such statements are based upon certain assumptions and assessments made by our management in light of their experience and their perception of historical trends, current economic and industry conditions, expected future developments and other factors they believe to be appropriate. The forward-looking statements included in this release are also subject to a number of material risks and uncertainties, including but not limited to economic, competitive, governmental, and technological factors affecting our operations, markets, products, services and prices. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and actual results, developments and business decisions may differ from those envisaged by such forward-looking statements.
SOURCE Honeywell Aerospace
More by this Source
Honeywell Aerospace Employee Recognized with Women in Manufacturing STEP Award
Feb 12, 2013, 09:00 ET
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.