Hospira Convenes Its 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders
LAKE FOREST, Ill., May 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Hospira, Inc. (NYSE: HSP), the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies, today held its 2014 Annual Meeting of Shareholders in San Francisco.
The agenda included votes on five items. During the annual meeting, shareholders:
- elected the following directors, whose terms expire in 2015:
Irving W. Bailey, II; F. Michael Ball; Connie R. Curran, RN, Ed.D; William G. Dempsey; Dennis M. Fenton; Heino von Prondzynski; Jacque J. Sokolov, M.D.; and Mark F. Wheeler, M.D., M.P.H.;
- approved, by means of a shareholder advisory vote, the compensation of Hospira's named executive officers ("say on pay") as disclosed in the company's 2014 proxy statement;
- ratified the appointment of Deloitte & Touche LLP as Hospira's auditors for 2014;
- approved amendments to the 2004 long-term stock incentive plan; and
- rejected a shareholder proposal on the right to act by written consent.
Hospira, Inc. is the world's leading provider of injectable drugs and infusion technologies, and a global leader in biosimilars. Through its broad, integrated portfolio, Hospira is uniquely positioned to Advance Wellness™ by improving patient and caregiver safety while reducing healthcare costs. The company is headquartered in Lake Forest, Ill., and has approximately 17,000 employees. Learn more at www.hospira.com.
SOURCE Hospira, Inc.