HOUSTON, Oct. 17, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --The Houston Business-Education Coalition (HBEC) is pleased to announce that it has endorsed Robert Glaser in the District V Houston Community College Election.
HBEC Chair Jonathan Day announced the endorsement, and said: "Robert is an outstanding community leader with a history of supporting higher education and workforce training. The fact that he owns two businesses involved in the manufacture of products, and that he understands the need for workforce training, makes him a very attractive candidate. HBEC is grateful for his commitment to serve our community, and we are convinced he will be an excellent HCC board member."
HBEC is comprised of business and professional leaders who are vitally interested in the quality of the leadership on the HISD Board. Members of the HBEC PAC are:
- Lanesha Anderson - Vice President & Deputy General Counsel, ABM
- Jonathan Day - Of Counsel, Andrews Kurth LLP
- Richard Figueroa - Vice President and Senior Financial Advisor, UBS Services
- Michael Griffin - Partner, Silver Oak Financial Group
- Larry Kellner - President, Emerald Creek Group
- Steven Mach - Vice President of Finance and Corporate Affairs, Mach Group
- Ramon Manning - CEO, Partners Energy Group
- Sherea McKenzie - Executive Director, Office of Commissioner El Franco Lee
- Kendall Miller - President, Tanglewood Corporation
- Gasper Mir - Principal, MFR P.C.
- Rod Paige - Former Secretary of Education & Former Superintendent of HISD
- Gracie Saenz - Partner, Saenz & Burkhardt PLLC
- Richard Schechter - Law Office of Richard Schechter
- Douglas M. Selman - Exxon Chemical (Retired)
- Michael Trevino - Reputation Management Associates
- Lori Vetters - Regional Commercial Executive, HSBC Bank
- Dick Weekley - Chairman, Weekley Development Company
- Welcome Wilson, Sr. - GSL Industrial
- Jim Windham - Windham Capital Advisory
- Don Woo - Mission Constructors
- Lee Zieben - President, Affordable Housing Group
About Robert Glaser:
Robert Glaser is not only a native Houstonian, but he was raised in District V. Robert is the President of two companies, one of which provides precision machining services, catering to the petrochemical and oilfield service industries. The other provides products and services to the plastics manufacturing industry.
Robert is a product of the public education system in Houston. He attended Poe Elementary and Lanier Junior High, before graduating from Lamar High School. Glaser received both a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Science from the University of Texas at Austin, College of Natural Sciences. After graduating, while working, he earned his MBA from the University of St. Thomas in Houston
About Houston Business-Education Coalition PAC
HBEC is committed to supporting candidates for HCC board positions who demonstrate the leadership to improve HCC's student academic performance and career readiness outcomes. HBEC is also committed to creating support in the community for HCC.
Jonathan Day, Chair, HBEC
SOURCE Houston Business-Education Coalition