HSC Now Accepting 2012-2013 Scholarship Applications
Central Texas college-bound students are encouraged to apply for college education assistance.
AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 20, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Hispanic Scholarship Consortium (HSC) is accepting scholarship applications for the 2012-2013 academic year. Central Texas area high school seniors and currently enrolled undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
"We are inviting highly motivated individuals who have a vision for their future, have a plan to meet their goals, and are committed to their personal, professional and academic development to apply for the 2012-2013 HSC Scholarship Program," said HSC Executive Director Octavio A. Hinojosa Mier.
HSC's unique approach to scholarship services goes beyond traditional educational services by empowering students and their families through scholarship assistance and use of culturally relevant mentorship and leadership opportunities. that have resulted in HSC scholarship recipients having among the highest college completion rates in the United States. To apply on-line for the 2012-2013 HSC Scholarship Program, please visit www.hispanicscholar.org.PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS
- $2,000—$5,000 renewable college scholarships
- Elite multi-day leadership training experience led by a team of professionals
- Mentoring by caring adults in similar career paths and access to professional networks
- Membership in an exceptional cohort and network of HSC Scholars and alumni
- Regular communication and guidance by trained professionals and specific assistance for first-generation college students
- Applicants must be of Hispanic/Latino origin/descent, *
- Plan to enroll in an accredited two-year or four-year U.S. college/university on a full-time basis throughout the 2012-2013 academic year,
- Hold a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale,
- Reside in Bastrop, Burnet, Caldwell, Hays, Lee, Travis, or Williamson Counties, and
- Demonstrate financial need, leadership aptitude and community service.
*Applicants of mixed heritage are encouraged to apply as long one parent is of Hispanic origin.
The application must be accompanied by:
- Official transcript
- Copy of 2011 Student Aid Report (SAR) from Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or paper FAFSA/TASFA
- Copy of permanent resident ID card for those who hold one
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a teacher, counselor, mentor or coach
Application opened: January 20, 2012
Application deadline: 11:59 P.M., Friday, March 16, 2012
Apply online at: www.hispanicscholar.org.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org/ 512.368.2956
About The Hispanic Scholarship Consortium:
HSC was founded in 2004 as a 501(c)(3) organization in Austin, Texas as a consortium of dedicated organizations, businesses and individuals to leverage their resources in providing scholarships to area students. Since its establishment, HSC has awarded nearly $1 million in financial assistance to Texas students, which is augmented by a network of mentors that empowers scholars to graduate from college as workforce ready professionals. Over eighty percent of HSC Scholars complete their four-year degree. For more information about HSC, please visit www.hispanicscholar.org/,
Contact: Octavio Hinojosa / Tel: 512.368.2956 ext. 218
SOURCE Hispanic Scholarship Consortium
Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.
Learn about PR Newswire services
Request more information about PR Newswire products and services or call us at (888) 776-0942.