HubSpot Releases 5th Annual State of Inbound Marketing Report 58% of marketers practice inbound marketing, 81% report alignment of inbound goals with company business objectives.
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, inbound marketing software company HubSpot, Inc., released its fifth annual State of Inbound Marketing Report, which includes data from more than 3,300 marketers in 128 countries and covers how inbound marketers define, practice, integrate, align, and measure their marketing.
Among the highlights:
- Inbound Marketing Is On the Rise: The report notes that 58% of companies plan to leverage inbound marketing strategies in 2013, and 48% of respondents plan to increase their spend on inbound marketing this year.
- It's a Good Time To Be a Customer: 50% of respondents consider their company customer-focused (versus marketing or product-centric), a win for the many consumers who want to engage with companies with a more lovable approach and frequency to their marketing.
- "Smarketing" is more important than ever: Adopting a service-level agreement between marketing and sales saves respondents an average of $195.84 per customer.
- Still Room To Improve On ROI: 81% of inbound marketers tie their inbound marketing approach to their business strategy, but 34% can't or don't calculate the ROI of their efforts.
- The Role of Content: Content plays an important role in inbound marketing. 43% of marketers generated a customer via their blog this year, though just 18% of respondents said dedicating time and resources to quality content is a priority for the upcoming year.
Of the Report, HubSpot CMO Mike Volpe said, "Inbound marketing is growing exponentially on a global scale, and that's great news for companies, because an inbound approach makes marketing more measurable and efficient. This is also great news for consumers, who benefit from more lovable and less interruptive marketing. To date, inbound marketers have seen great results and plan to invest more money and time in inbound resources, but there's even more opportunity to define and measure our collective efforts."
HubSpot is on a mission to replace the world's interruptive and annoying marketing with marketing that people love. HubSpot's inbound marketing software is the most powerful, tightly integrated, and comprehensive marketing software available. Designed specifically for marketers, HubSpot empowers companies to optimize every element of buyer interaction, from keyword research and social media to content and email to forms and offers. Over 8,600 companies in 56 countries use our software to create lovable inbound marketing to attract, convert, close, and delight visitors, leads, and customers. HubSpot has been named one of the most promising, fastest growing companies by Inc, Forbes, and Deloitte for the best possible reason: customer results. HubSpot investors include Google Ventures, Salesforce.com, Sequoia Capital, General Catalyst, Matrix Partners, Scale Investment Group, Altimeter Capital, and Cross Creek Capital. The company has over 450 employees, was founded in 2006. Our worldwide headquarters is in Cambridge, MA, and our European headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland. For the love of marketing, find us at http://www.HubSpot.com.