Hyatt Helps Businesses Maximize Outcomes of In-Person Meetings Through New and Improved Resources and Proprietary Tools Survey Finds In-Person Meetings Require Unique Balance of Planning, People and Purpose
CHICAGO, Oct. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- As companies look ahead to 2010 in hopes of securing new business prospects and strengthening existing relationships, the in-person meeting - which has been shown to positively affect business outcomes - is making a welcomed comeback. As a result, businesses of all sizes are focused on how best to maximize their in-person time to deliver results. For that reason, today Hyatt announces the launch of www.HyattMeetings.com as well as new and improved resources and proprietary tools, including the Hyatt Meeting Promise, a new online RFP tool, dedicated meeting advisors at hotels, customizable menus, and a focus on the Hyatt Gold Passport Planner Rewards program, ensuring companies get the most out of their meetings - from planning to execution.
According to a recent Hyatt survey of U.S. adults, the primary elements affecting the success of an in-person meeting were three-fold: a focused agenda, the right participants in the room, and the quality of meeting facilities. The survey found:
- 92 percent of those surveyed said the quality of the meeting space, including the size of the room, equipment, food, and temperature control, were important to the overall success of an in-person meeting.
- 86 percent said a seamless experience with technology and amenities, as well as on-site coordination to facilitate meeting logistics, were important.
- Setting aside time and cost, the number one reason for not booking an off-site, in-person meeting was found to be the time and process for booking meeting facilities, followed by finding facilities to meet specific needs and lack of customization options.
"In a challenging economy, every business must closely monitor how resources are committed, including scheduling in-person meetings, whether across town or out of town," said Jim Blasingame, award-winning host of The Small Business Advocate Show and one of the world's foremost thought-leaders on small business and entrepreneurship. "However, when properly conducted an in-person meeting is one of the best uses of time and resources. Face-to-face gatherings are the original social media and should be a key component of every business' growth plans."
Making Great Happen With A Hyatt Meeting
Hyatt is dedicated to making every meeting more than successful and every group more than welcome through event expertise, accommodating facilities and personalized service.
"At Hyatt, we believe in the power of an in-person meeting - real people, in real time, in a real place," said Jack Horne, vice president of sales, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. "And that's why we promise that with our new Hyatt hotels meeting offerings, if any detail of your meeting is not up to your expectation, we'll work to get it resolved as quickly and as seamlessly as possible, or make it right for the next time. Because at Hyatt, we sincerely believe that when a meeting is done right, great happens."
In an effort to encourage businesses to make great happen, Hyatt announces a number of new offerings to make planning and executing a meeting at any of the more than 100 full service Hyatt hotels across the country, as easy, efficient and flawless as possible:
- Hyatt Meeting Promise: If any detail of a meeting does not meet the planner's expectations, Hyatt will make it right, or will refund that part of the meeting and give a future credit.
- New Online RFP Tool: Planning a successful meeting is now easier and quicker than ever through the Hyatt online meeting event solution.
- Meeting Advisors: Dedicated Meeting Advisors are available at each hotel to help with every detail of the meeting planning and execution process, from the perfect space, schedule and food.
- Customizable Menu: Great food keeps attendees focused, engaged and energized. Participating Hyatt locations in North America offer Preference Banquet Menus that lets guests choose their dinner entrees.
- Hyatt Gold Passport Planner Rewards: To reward the planners behind every successful gathering, participants in the Hyatt Gold Passport Planner Rewards program - the exclusive rewards and loyalty program for Hyatt meeting and event planners - will earn one Hyatt Gold Passport® bonus point for every eligible U.S. dollar spent on eligible meeting revenue, which may be redeemed for exciting travel rewards, future meeting credits and more.
For more information, full details and terms and conditions of the newest Hyatt meeting offerings, and for expert tips on planning a great meeting, visit www.HyattMeetings.com.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family in 45 countries strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The company's subsidiaries manage, franchise, own and develop hotels and resorts under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz(TM), Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place® and Hyatt Summerfield Suites(TM) brand names and have locations under development on five continents. Hyatt Vacation Ownership, Inc., a Hyatt Hotels Corporation subsidiary, develops and operates vacation ownership properties under the Hyatt Vacation Club® brand. As of June 30, 2009, the company's worldwide portfolio consisted of 413 properties. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
SOURCE Hyatt Hotels Corporation