LONDON, Jan. 4, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- "Global hybrid seeds market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.10%"
The global hybrid seeds market is projected to reach a value of USD 57.19 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 9.10% from 2016. The market is driven by factors such as high-quality and high-yielding seeds used with innovative technology, new product offerings, and modernization of agriculture. Moreover, the growing global population, declining arable land, changing weather patterns, diversification of diets, and technology-driven agriculture in developing countries are factors responsible for the growth of the hybrid seeds market. However, factors such as varying climatic conditions and the fact that once used, hybrid seeds cannot be reproduced, restrain the growth of the market.
"Cereals & grains segment of hybrid seeds dominated the hybrid seed market in 2015"
On the basis of crop type, the cereals & grains segment dominated the hybrid seeds market in 2015. With the increase in demand for the better quality cereals & grains, the seed companies have increased their production of hybrid seeds.
"Short-term hybrid seeds segment led the market with the largest share in 2015"
On the basis of duration, short-term hybrid seeds were the most widely used form of hybrid seeds. Short-duration hybrids require less inputs and can thrive under limited water availability. Crops such as wheat, chickpea, rice, and mustard can be grown in a short duration.
"North America dominated the market with the largest share"
The fastest-growing market for hybrid seeds is projected to be Asia-Pacific between 2016 and 2022. The North American market experiences the maximum consumption of hybrid seeds due to the increasing population and demand for new and enhanced agricultural products. Key players have concentrated their major research & development efforts to develop products conforming to European regulations for hybrid seeds, since these regulations are considered to be benchmarks in terms of certain seed.
The global hybrid seeds market is segmented region-wise, with a detailed analysis of each region by studying the key markets. These regions include North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, and the Rest of the World (RoW).
Breakdown of profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 30 %, Tier 2 – 45%, and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: Directors – 22%, C level – 28%, and Manager level – 50%
- By Region: North America – 35%, Europe – 23%, Asia-Pacific – 32%, and RoW – 10%
The hybrid seeds market is dominated by E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company (U.S.), Syngenta AG (Switzerland), Monsanto (U.S), Dow AgroSciences LLC (U.S.), and KWS (Germany). Other players include Advanta Limited (India), Land O'Lakes, Inc. (U.S.), Takii & Co. Ltd. (Japan), and Mahyco (India), and Biostadt India Ltd. (India).
- This study estimates the global market of hybrid seeds, in terms of dollar value, till 2022, segmented on the basis of crop type, seed treatment, duration, farm type, and region.
- It offers a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of this market with reference to the competitive landscape, and the preferred development strategies such as agreements, expansions, mergers, and acquisitions to gain a larger share in the market.
- It provides a comprehensive review of major market drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, winning imperatives, and key issues of the market.
- It covers various important aspects of the market. These include analysis of the value chain, competitive landscape, market dynamics, market estimates in terms of value, and future trends in the hybrid seeds market.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the hybrid seeds market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on hybrid seeds offered by the top players in the global hybrid seeds market.
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, R&D activities, and new product launches in the hybrid seeds market.
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for hybrid seeds across various regions.
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global hybrid seeds market.
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global hybrid seeds market.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4499027/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/hybrid-seeds-market-by-crop-type-duration-seed-treatment-farm-type-and-region---global-forecast-to-2022-300386005.html