The course features hands-on labs that test a student's skills, with engaging "hands-on" exercises, and Real-World Labs comprising over 75% of the course time. The course and labs will be kept current with exercises based on real-world attack and exploitation examples and certification may be achieved by completing the Art of Hacking "Capture The Flag" 1-day (CTF) examination.
The Art of Hacking Course will be offered as a featured course at BlackHat 2016, Booth # BHB10 located on BlackHat Blvd. The course will be available for sale on July 29, 2016, and the Infrastructure component will be featured at Black Hats training beginning July 30 through August 2, 2016. The follow-on certification for this course will be available on 31 October 2016.
Features of The Art of Hacking Online Course and Real-World Lab:
- Five modules for full course – three of infrastructure hacking and two of web hacking
- Certifications can be achieved based upon demonstrated skill level – Art of Hacking Ninja and Art of Hacking Master
- The real heart of the classes (75%) is the unmatchable HackLab where students get hands-on training and practice in the newest, most pertinent hacking techniques
- Classes also include 25% assessment, teaching and testing knowledge of the subject
- All the newest cases, threats, hacks, and intrusions are continuously added to the HackLab to allow students to match themselves against the latest threats
- Students have up to six months to complete e-learning, and an additional six months for certification
- Penetration testing by the experts at NotSoSecure can be added to the course for assessment and validation of company defenses and team's success in thwarting attacks.
Visit the Art of Hacking website for registration and full details: https://www.computer.org/artofhacking
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society, the computing industry's unmatched source for technology information and career development, offers a comprehensive array of industry-recognized products, services and professional opportunities. Known as the community for technology leaders, IEEE Computer Society's vast resources include membership, publications, a renowned digital library, training programs, conferences, and top-trending technology events. Visit www.computer.org for more information on all products and services.
NotSoSecure (www.notsosecure.com) is a boutique Penetration Testing and Hacking Training firm founded by leading industry Trainer / Ethical Hacker Sumit "Sid" Siddharth and Cyber Security Entrepreneur Dan Haagman, with the goal of addressing the industry need to make Penetration Testing simpler and more accessible. Working around the world in only these specialist subject areas, NotSoSecure was formed to be an agile, client-facing, highly innovative global security company designed to reinvent the way in which Penetration Testing and Hacking Training are delivered.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ieee-computer-society-launches-the-art-of-hacking-industrys-first-e-learning-hacking-course-300305782.html
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society