IEEE Computer Society to Host Rock Stars of Mobile Cloud May 6 in Boston; 2014's Premier Gathering of Mobile Cloud Experts
LOS ALAMITOS, Calif., Dec. 4, 2013 /PRNewswire-iReach/ -- IEEE Computer Society today announced that it will host the premier gathering of mobile cloud experts in Boston on May 6 to drive forward the future of mobile cloud computing. These experts say that mobile and cloud computing are converging, creating a new platform that will allow for better synchronization of data, improved scalability, anytime-anywhere access, richer user experiences, and an explosion of new services. According to International Data Corp., by 2020 at least 80 percent of the information and communication technology industry's growth will be driven by these so-called Third Platform technologies.
To make sure those in business and technology don't miss out on this vast wave of opportunity, IEEE Computer Society has assembled these top leaders to share their insights at Rock Stars of Mobile Cloud. Scheduled for May 6 in Boston, this high-level, one-day discussion, aimed at business as well as technology leaders, will empower attendees to understand what's next for the mobile cloud and how to get there.
Mobile cloud innovators from leading companies, such as Salesforce, Dell, Citrix, VMWare, and Red Hat will share:
- How to stay in control of your mission-critical data when there are billions of connected devices on the Internet of Things
- How to use the Composable Enterprise to stay competitive in a digital world and bring the pieces together to make it work
- Best practices and case studies on how you can use the mobile cloud to elevate performance of people, machines, and your organization, and
- Answers about how healthcare's embrace of mobile cloud can be used as a blueprint for other industries.
"We've assembled top innovators from companies leading the way in mobile cloud to provide a comprehensive look at the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead," said Chris Jensen, IEEE Computer Society Director of Marketing and Sales. "Widespread adoption and convergence of mobile and cloud are changing the way we do business and the way we live our lives. This day-long series of presentations will give attendees actionable insights that they can take back to their organizations, as well as a variety of perspectives, best practices, and case studies."
Speakers so far will include:
- Peter Coffee, Vice President and Head of Platform Research at Salesforce.com
- Reuven Cohen, Chief Cloud Advocate at Citrix
- Scott Davis, CTO of End User Computing at VMware
- Bernard Golden, Vice President of Enterprise Solutions for Enstratius
- Dr. John Halamka, CIO of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and
- Krishnan Subramanian, Director of OpenShift Strategy at Red Hat.
To find out more about 2014's most important gathering of mobile cloud experts, visit http://www.computer.org/Mobile-Cloud. Follow IEEE Computer Society on Twitter for the latest updates. Team pricing is available for groups of three or more.
About IEEE Computer Society
IEEE Computer Society is the world's leading computing membership organization and the trusted information and career-development source for a global workforce of technology leaders including: professors, researchers, software engineers, IT professionals, employers, and students. The unmatched source for technology information, inspiration, and collaboration, the IEEE Computer Society is the source that computing professionals trust to provide high-quality, state-of-the-art information on an on-demand basis. The Computer Society provides a wide range of forums for top minds to come together, including technical conferences, publications, and a comprehensive digital library, unique training webinars, professional training, and the TechLeader Training Partner Program to help organizations increase their staff's technical knowledge and expertise, as well as the personalized information tool myComputer. To find out more about the community for technology leaders, visit http://www.computer.org.
Media Contact: Margo McCall, IEEE Computer Society, (714) 816-2182, email@example.com
News distributed by PR Newswire iReach: https://ireach.prnewswire.com
SOURCE IEEE Computer Society