IHG's Priority Club(R) Rewards Offers Simple Tips for Safeguarding Cash During the Gift-Giving Season
ATLANTA, Nov. 24 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Priority Club® Rewards, the loyalty program from IHG (InterContinental Hotels Group), is offering simple solutions for getting through the upcoming holiday travel and shopping season. At a time when consumers are demanding more from the loyalty marketplace, IHG gets into the spirit of giving with money-saving ideas that show consumers how to get the most value out of Priority Club points, and how to conserve cash.
In 2009, in the face of contracted consumer spending, IHG will reward its Priority Club members with nearly two million free hotel nights. And, as the gift-giving season approaches, almost one third of all Priority Club point redemptions will go toward retail gift cards, brand merchandise and other non-hotel stay options in the months of November and December alone. In the first two weeks of November, Priority Club Rewards members redeemed for retail gift cards worth more than $1 million.
"We witnessed a 20 percent increase in reward redemptions for brand merchandise during last year's holiday, gift-giving season, and we anticipate the same trend to continue this year," said Don Berg, vice president, Loyalty Programs, IHG. "We've expanded our redemption options, as well as developed new options for consumers to earn points faster so that our members are able to safeguard their finances and use their points for what is of value to them."
Based on year-over-year trending, IHG continues to see positive consumer attitudes toward reward points programs in this economy. In fact, consumers are diligently mining the loyalty landscape and becoming more active in programs like Priority Club Rewards, redeeming reward points faster than they ever have before.
According to the U.S. Commerce Department's Bureau of Economic Analysis report from third quarter 2009, economic indicators may be pointing up, but many Americans are still feeling the pinch. Consumers can head into the holidays with extra confidence by taking stock of Priority Club points in their personal budget.
Priority Club Rewards suggests two simple tips for financial survival during the upcoming gift-giving season:
Tip # 1: Shop in your pajamas
Get the biggest and best holiday sales and discounts without leaving home.
- Check out the Priority Club "Reward Sale": Redeem points for select retail gift cards and brand merchandise at 15 percent off now through Nov. 30 at http://priorityclub.com/redeemonline.
- Hit the mall -- the Priority Club Rewards Shopping Mall. Take advantage of merchandise sales and get multiple points per dollar on all purchases at https://pcrshopping.dbgloyalty.com.
- Earn double or triple the points on every dollar spent from select merchants including Macys.com, Dell.com and Sears.com now through Dec. 31 https://pcrshopping.dbgloyalty.com/holiday.jsp.
- Black Friday / Cyber Monday Bonus Points: From Nov. 27 - 30, earn up to 2,000 bonus points for online purchases on top of traditionally big discounts https://pcrshopping.dbgloyalty.com.
- Pay with a Priority Club Rewards Visa® Card to earn additional points per dollar - learn more at www.priorityclub.com/rewardscard.
Tip # 2: Eat, drink and sleep to earn more points
Each year, more than 50 billion points are redeemed by Priority Club members for free stuff. Priority Club members can even eat, drink and sleep to earn bonus points toward free brand merchandise, retail gift cards, hotel stays and airline flights, even faster.
- Double the Points - Now through Dec 15, consumers can earn double the Priority Club points starting with their second stay at any one of 4,300 hotels worldwide www.priorityclub.com/doublePR.
- Wine and Dine for Points - Earn up to eight points for every dollar you spend at participating restaurants and bars across the U.S. New registrants can earn an additional 500 bonus points when spending at least $25. Log on to http://priorityclub.com/dining to join.
Enrollment in Priority Club Rewards is free, and guests can sign up at www.priorityclub.com or by calling 1-888-211-9874.
About Priority Club Rewards
With 47 million members globally, IHG's Priority Club Rewards is the first, largest and fastest-growing guest loyalty program in the hotel industry. Named Best Hotel Rewards Program in the World four years running by Global Traveler magazine, Priority Club Rewards offers more sought-after benefits and the greatest ease of use of any hotel loyalty program. In addition to flexible features like No Points Expiration, No Blackout Dates, Points & Cash and Flights Anywhere(TM), Priority Club Rewards members have more options for point redemption than any other hotel loyalty program, including redemption at more than 500,000 lodging establishments worldwide - even at rivals' hotels - through the industry-leading Any Hotel, Anywhere reward. Members can redeem points not only for hotel nights, but also for airline miles on more than 40 partner airlines, for auto rentals, for gift certificates and for hundreds of products available in the Rewards Catalog. And Priority Club Rewards is the only hotel loyalty program to offer members a Personal Shopper program that allows members to exchange points for items not found in the Rewards Catalog.
Notes to Editors:
InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) [LON:IHG, NYSE: IHG (ADRs)] is the world's largest hotel group by number of rooms. IHG owns, manages, leases or franchises, through various subsidiaries, nearly 4,400 hotels and over 640,000 guest rooms in 100 countries and territories around the world. The Group owns a portfolio of well recognized and respected hotel brands including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn® Hotels and Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites® and also manages the world's largest hotel loyalty program, Priority Club® Rewards with 47 million members worldwide.
IHG has 1,500 hotels in its development pipeline, which will create 140,000 jobs worldwide over the next few years.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group's holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales.
IHG offers information and online reservations for all its hotel brands at www.ihg.com and information for the Priority Club Rewards program at www.priorityclub.com. For the latest news from IHG, visit our online Press Office at www.ihg.com/media.
SOURCE IHG (Intercontinental Hotels Group)