NANUET, N.Y., March 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- iMedicor (OTC: VMCI) today said it will introduce its upgraded HIPAA-compliant Social Health Information Exchange (iMedicor SocialHIE) Version 3.0 during the week of April 8, 2013.
Version 3.0 will be iMedicor's first HIE to allow healthcare professionals and facilities to communicate securely with each other whether inside or outside the network. The upgraded product also supports adherence to Meaningful Use -- as defined by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) -- that establishes the standards for the use of electronic health records (EHRs) and allows eligible providers to earn Federal Incentive Funds.
iMedicor SocialHIE 3.0 will offer three levels of participation:
- Level One, which is free to licensed physicians and other healthcare professionals, allows secure point-to-point messaging within the portal, as well as access to the most extensive peer-reviewed Continuing Medical Education (CME) catalog on the Internet with CME programs produced by top medical schools, medical societies, pharmaceutical and medical device companies, and the U.S. Military.
- Level Two, available for a subscription fee of $35.00/month per provider, will expand on Level One services to include secure point-to-multipoint communications, thereby facilitating the ability to create a practice, build a community of peers and referrals, and join or create collaborative workgroups or blogs. Communities can be extended to specialists, general practitioners, hospital departments, imaging centers, labs, insurance companies, clearinghouses or any healthcare facility or individual.
- Level Three, for an additional $35.00/month per provider ($70.00 total), will also provide a NHIN Direct secure email account, with unlimited use, to enable secure communication outside of the network and between any EHR system, Practice Management System or Hospital Information System, regardless of the format used by the individual end point.
Version 3.0 will also feature a flexible, user-friendly design that functions much like other social media services, and can be easily customized to accommodate the most technically challenged medical or dental practices.
"We are proud to be introducing what we believe is 'the missing link' to making the paper to digital transition in healthcare simple, painless and affordable," said Fred Zolla, iMedicor's CEO. "Version 3.0 will also offer our most advanced levels of connectivity and security, which are among the most sophisticated in our industry."
Mr. Zolla added that the company's upgraded SocialHIE will be complemented by a top-flight 24/7 customer service line.
"We are highly committed to ensuring that Version 3.0 provides an unparalleled experience to any healthcare professional, on any level of use."
Inquiries on subscribing to Version 3.0, said Mr. Zolla, should be directed to email@example.com or 845-371-7380.
iMedicor (http://www.imedicor.com/) is a provider of comprehensive healthcare communications solutions that enable physicians and other healthcare professionals to optimize the use of technology in managing their practices and participating in the federally-mandated transition from paper to Electronic Health Records (EHRs). Through two primary services, iMedicor offers low-cost, easy-to-adopt solutions that can be tailored to the needs of individual practices or larger organizations:
- SocialHIE, the first information exchange platform to offer secure messaging services within a social/professional networking architecture. SocialHIE enables any physician, clinic or hospital to transmit and share information such as patient data, test results and images within a secure, HIPAA-compliant environment – and even between disparate EHR systems. SocialHIE also offers additional advantages such as community development, the ability to create private healthcare information exchange networks with patient specific information, and access to a vast catalog of accredited continuing medical education (CME) programs.
- Meaningful Use Consulting Services. iMedicor is qualified to assist both primary care and specialist practices with EHR adoption and to help them attain Meaningful Use and receive incentive payments from the Federal Government for their compliance.
For investor information, please go to http://www.irsite.com/imedicor/default.asp .
This press release contains certain statements that are forward-looking within the meaning of Section 27a of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and that involve risks and uncertainties.